Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Bubbadog's new rims for the 5.9..{pictures}

4K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Dylans3960ccs 
#1 ·
Okay guys i am off to get my new 17inch all black cobra rims put on with a nice 245-50-17 general UHP tire..I am taking my good camera with me..Will be taking some pictures at the mom dukes house she having a cookout...So sit tight pictures on the way!!!!

#8 ·
I was thinking drop it about 5 minutes after the shop was done lol...I will lose the mud=laps and i plan on lowering it...Now anyone know where i can get a lower kit for this ZJ??? But i think it looks a ton better

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

looks good! I like these better than the other ones. You do need a drop though.

What size tire do you have on those?
245-50-17...

#10 ·
The wheels looks a lot better Bub, for sure!! But why in the world did you get such a skinny tire??? A 50? Thats why you have such a HUGE fender gap now. Even lowering it an inch or 2 isn't gonna get rid of it. You need at least a a 60. Something like a 255/60/17. Just my honest opinion. :rolleyes:

#12 · (Edited)
Is it me or the front looks lower than the rear??

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

The wheels looks a lot better Bub, for sure!! But why in the world did you get such a skinny tire??? A 50? Thats why you have such a HUGE fender gap now. Even lowering it an inch or 2 isn't gonna get rid of it. You need at least a a 60. Something like a 255/60/17. Just my honest opinion. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the support hannes lol...I got a brand new set of 255-60-17 in my shed i didnt like the ride..The tire is great looks good im happy...Lowering it will do the trick and it will help me with the supercharger as well..Funny story i bought a 17x9 rim right well with the tire i bought there was about 1inch extra rim so thats why it looks way shorter than it should put air in them that dam thing blew up like the STATE PUFF man lol..

#13 ·
#17 ·
So the ride with the 245/50's is better than the ride with the 255/60's? Thats weird...cause usually the skinnier the tire...the harsher the ride....that extra side wall allows for more cushion...What brand was the 255/60's?

Here are some kits for ya:

B+G = 1.6" front, 1.6" rear

http://www.andysautosport.com/jeep/...ension/lowering_springs/b+g/bgpr00063616.html

H&R = 1.75" front, 1.5" rear

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/H&R/Lowering-Springs/H&R-Sport-Lowering-Spring-29744_1/6417/
Thank you very much hannes!! Thank you scott!! Man im getting alot of looks and people asking about the truck even old people digging it lol...It dont look so bad in person lol...Okay guys why are alot of u not fans of mud flaps and bug guards?? I take the flaps off not way on the bug guard !!

#16 ·
It does not look bad, But i am not a fan of black wheels on a black jeep. To me you cant see how nice the wheel looks cause everything behind it is black and the whole jeep is black.

I dont hate it its just not my first choice, but if you like em then good for you and enjoy them.

#30 ·
Take off the flaps, but keep the bug guard.. it adds to the front end with that already huge grille. At least the ZJ bug guard doesn't look nearly as fugly as the one for the WK.

No way on the bug guard! I'll give you rep points if you keep it on... :D

#32 ·
A whole .01? That's too much time it's almost not worth it... :rolleyes: lolz

Leave it on!

#33 ·
Looks great King Kong!!! Good choice with the black... :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.