Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Adaptive Transmission Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/adaptive-transmission-question-15123.html)

Pats2011WK2 11-14-2010 12:59 PM

Adaptive Transmission Question

I saw on here somewhere that you can basically reset the system and have it learn from new again? Is that true? Mine isn't bogging too bad but did have 360 miles on it when I got it due to being a dealer trade and driver from a different city. I wanted to know if I can make it more suited to my driving style. I have a Laredo X 3.6 2WD

moosehead 11-14-2010 02:08 PM

Re: Adaptive Transmission Question

Nate's reset method below helps a bunch of JG drivers. Note it resets depending upon your driving habits.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showpost.p...4&postcount=15

Pats2011WK2 11-14-2010 03:00 PM

Thanks!!

robpp 11-14-2010 07:31 PM

sorry moose that resets the throttle.
BUT the OP is asking about the transmission adaptives.

the only way i know to do it is from the WK; you disconnect neg batt terminal. then you step on brake for 30 seconds. that drains any leftoever juice in the system and clears the memory. then hook it back up and go. there is also a fuse yu can pull, its for the PCm. or the WK guys with trinity and diablo can reset them that way.

Marlon_JB2 11-15-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 301211)

the only way i know to do it is from the WK; you disconnect neg batt terminal. then you step on brake for 30 seconds. that drains any leftoever juice in the system and clears the memory. then hook it back up and go. there is also a fuse yu can pull, its for the PCm. or the WK guys with trinity and diablo can reset them that way.

This still works on the 2011 btw. Just sayin'.

MSCA 11-15-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats2011WK2 (Post 301074)
I saw on here somewhere that you can basically reset the system and have it learn from new again? Is that true? Mine isn't bogging too bad but did have 360 miles on it when I got it due to being a dealer trade and driver from a different city. I wanted to know if I can make it more suited to my driving style. I have a Laredo X 3.6 2WD

It will eventually adapt to your driving style, even if you don't "reset" it. That's why they call it an adaptive transmission.

moosehead 11-15-2010 09:01 AM

my bad on the AT, thanks.

so if we don't drive the same outing to outing, both throttle and tranny have to either readapt over time or we need to reset both throttle and tranny ecm?

say if you go from mild city driving to needing to pass uphill at altitude, would there be both a throttle and downshift delay?

robpp 11-15-2010 09:39 AM

i dont think the range is that dramatic moose. but to be honest there isnt a ton of info on the adaptives. but as far as i know thye are always adapting. how fast they adapt is my question.

some context. I have never reset my throttle. and I am constantly resetting my adaptives is I am alwyas messing with stuff and have the neg disconnectd for hour at a time.

robpp 11-15-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 301395)
This still works on the 2011 btw. Just sayin'.

is that only for the DBW Jeeps or does it do something for all of them?

Geevis 02-16-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 301211)

Rob or anyone for that matter, does this trick really work?

I am installing a fastman TB today and wanted to reset my PCM.

J13ntv 02-16-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geevis (Post 574952)
Rob or anyone for that matter, does this trick really work?

I am installing a fastman TB today and wanted to reset my PCM.

Yea I've done it before. Before you start working disconnect the neg terminal and when your done hook it back up and by that time everything should be drained. To be sure you can hit the brake/turn on the light switch with battery disconnected to make sure any capacitors are drained too.

Geevis 02-16-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 575059)
Yea I've done it before. Before you start working disconnect the neg terminal and when your done hook it back up and by that time everything should be drained. To be sure you can hit the brake/turn on the light switch with battery disconnected to make sure any capacitors are drained too.

Thank you!!