Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Power Window (Fronts) issue goes down by itself intermittently (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/power-window-fronts-issue-goes-down-by-itself-intermittently-15210.html)

rdlarado10 11-16-2010 11:02 PM

Power Window (Fronts) issue goes down by itself intermittently

Power Window (Fronts) issue – goes down by itself intermittently

Anyone out there experienced their front power windows moving to an open position by itself after the car has been turned off, or when the open function on the key fob is activated?

Only happens occasionally. Strange

Car is a 2010 WK Grand Cherokee Laredo, 3.7L QT1. Now has about 6500 miles on it.

Thanks in advance for any input or advice.

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-16-2010 11:06 PM

Re: Power Window (Fronts) issue goes down by itself intermittently

you have a ghost

Marlin 11-16-2010 11:09 PM

I thought the 2010 had a feature whereby holding one of the fob buttons down it sent the windows down automatically?

Are you holding it down accidently?

crater 06-06-2012 09:28 AM

Hello,

I have the exact same problem on my 2009 jeep. Drives me nuts. Anyone figure it out yet??

crater 06-06-2012 09:29 AM

Hello,

I have the same problem on my 2009 Jeep?

jrjeep 06-06-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 302556)
you have a ghost

Whooo You Gonaaa calll??????????????:p

mak90 07-12-2012 08:31 AM

Any update to this thread? I am having a problem when I go to put up my passenger side window; it goes up and stops about an inch from the top then it goes down to about halfway and stops there.

JMLoughrey 07-12-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mak90 (Post 655438)
Any update to this thread? I am having a problem when I go to put up my passenger side window; it goes up and stops about an inch from the top then it goes down to about halfway and stops there.

You need to recalibrate the auto windows, it should be in your manual. I beleive if memory serves correctly, put the window all the way up, push and hold the window down button in the auto position until the window is all the way down, wait 2 seconds, release, pull the window switch up and hold in the auto position until window is up, wait 2 seconds, release.

That should do the trick.

mak90 07-12-2012 10:03 AM

Thanks! I'll give it a shot later today and let everyone know how it works out.

mak90 07-12-2012 07:15 PM

So far I haven't had any problems after I reset the window. Thanks again for the help.

Duff Daddy 07-12-2012 08:16 PM

You guys have a FoBiK key correct?? You almost guarentee are hitting the unlock button for a few seconds and will drop the windows... I saw this all the time on caravans and jeeps.

mak90 07-13-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff Daddy (Post 655773)
You guys have a FoBiK key correct?? You almost guarentee are hitting the unlock button for a few seconds and will drop the windows... I saw this all the time on caravans and jeeps.

Can't be, the key was still in the ignition when I put the windows up. I thought that it might have been something with the key as well. After I did the reset it works fine. I didn't have any problems yesterday evening or this morning. Instructions on how to do the reset can be found in the owners manual.