Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Hot air blowing out Vent when stopping (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/hot-air-blowing-out-vent-when-stopping-15269.html)

wjs81866 11-18-2010 09:59 AM

Hot air blowing out Vent when stopping

I have had a problem in my Laredo with the air vent pushing out hot/warm air when making a sudden stop or just as I take off from a stop, or stop and go. Almost reminds me of the dreaded blend door issues from the WJ's. My Limited doesn't do it.

I'm guessing the vacuum must hold the door in place and when the vacuum gets too low it allows the door to move and allow the hot air to move into the vent. Just a theory.

I'm taking it into the dealer today and have them check to see if there are any codes from the HVAC. I know there used to be a way to check the codes by pushing the buttons but I have no clue with the 2011's.

pbalias 02-02-2011 11:21 PM

Re: Hot air blowing out Vent when stopping

Hey there...did you get this issue solved? I (and others here) are having some HVAC issues and I'm looking at any HVAC problems posts to see if I can't get this solved.

Thanks!

08Hemi 02-03-2011 05:03 PM

I just had the dealer fix this problem for me. Go to them and have them replace the "recirculation gear"...aparently the gear is a fairly common faulty item. Now mine shuts off like a charm :) GL and hope that helps!!!!

JoeSchmoe007 02-03-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 347698)
I just had the dealer fix this problem for me. Go to them and have them replace the "recirculation gear"...aparently the gear is a fairly common faulty item. Now mine shuts off like a charm :) GL and hope that helps!!!!

Did you get it fixed for WK2? Your profile shows you own WK

08Hemi 02-03-2011 05:16 PM

HAHA oops...nope! I am a lowly WK owner, so there may be a different fix, but I imagine it will be a similar process to fix. Maybe :)

wjs81866 02-07-2011 07:46 PM

I haven't had them look at it yet, I'm scared they will want to tear into the dash and yes I'm too scared to think about them doing that. If it becomes a problem I guess I will but right now it's hardly noticeable

billydog 02-14-2011 04:38 PM

Any luck with a fix yet? I experienced this today for the first time.... travelling down a snow covered road and wanted to try out the stability control so I jammed on the brakes and the blower blew hot air out like it has never blown before. When I released the brakes the blower resumed its dismal operation.

I have been having lots of trouble with reduced volume from the heater and have found that the blower works fine if you 1) leave it in park or neutral, 2) keep it in a heated garage, 3) acceralte rapidly and now 4) jam on the brakes as hard as you can. Too bad it doesn't work during normal driving.

And the best part...... Chrysler says that it is working as designed. Love the vehicle but wouldn't have purchased it if I had known about this stupid heater.

pbalias 02-14-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billydog (Post 355644)
Any luck with a fix yet? I experienced this today for the first time.... travelling down a snow covered road and wanted to try out the stability control so I jammed on the brakes and the blower blew hot air out like it has never blown before. When I released the brakes the blower resumed its dismal operation.

I have been having lots of trouble with reduced volume from the heater and have found that the blower works fine if you 1) leave it in park or neutral, 2) keep it in a heated garage, 3) acceralte rapidly and now 4) jam on the brakes as hard as you can. Too bad it doesn't work during normal driving.

And the best part...... Chrysler says that it is working as designed. Love the vehicle but wouldn't have purchased it if I had known about this stupid heater.

Billydog, you know I'm right there with you. I've noticed a new problem yesterday too. I had the heater on Auto, and it kicked in really hard. The damned thing started "howling" REALLY loud.

WTF man...this HVAC is baffling me. I'm wondering what's going to happen in the summer when we start using our A/C. More problems there I'm sure.

I'm so pissed. :mad: