Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Remote Starter Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/remote-starter-question-15295.html)

overlander 11-19-2010 06:40 AM

Remote Starter Question

I noticed that when I remote start my car if the fuel tank is close to being empty it will start then shut off right away. BUT is there a timer of some sort when the fuel tank is full? I remote started my car and I watched it fire up but about 5-10 minutes later it turned itself off and it's done this numerous times. I usually need around 10 minutes to warm up my car being that it's about -20 degrees celsius here right now :( so is there anyway to bypass this timer feature?

vnbWK2 11-19-2010 07:45 AM

Re: Remote Starter Question

Hmm, good observation. Haven't noticed that with mine since I usually never go below 1/4 tank. You may be correct in that there is a sensor to tell the computer that you're low on gas and to shut off before the usual 15 minutes. I'd like to know myself.

IndyBob 11-19-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlander (Post 303753)
I noticed that when I remote start my car if the fuel tank is close to being empty it will start then shut off right away. BUT is there a timer of some sort when the fuel tank is full? I remote started my car and I watched it fire up but about 5-10 minutes later it turned itself off and it's done this numerous times. I usually need around 10 minutes to warm up my car being that it's about -20 degrees celsius here right now :( so is there anyway to bypass this timer feature?

I am pretty sure I read somewhere in the manual that if the fuel is below a certain level that it will shut off after a few minutes.

jeep2011 11-19-2010 08:26 AM

My dealer showed me that when I bought mine. Since they don't have much gas in the cars on the lot.

If the low fuel light is on it will shut the car off after 10 seconds or so. It is a neat feature I think.

Red G8R 11-19-2010 09:50 AM

At those temperatures, you should use the block heater if you have one (standard in Canada). It really saves time in warming and less polution than running your vehicle for 15 minutes.

I personally think 15 min timer is too long for the remote start....but I do like the feature.

whatevrworks 11-19-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 303809)
At those temperatures, you should use the block heater if you have one (standard in Canada). It really saves time in warming and less polution than running your vehicle for 15 minutes.

I personally think 15 min timer is too long for the remote start....but I do like the feature.

Running your tank down low is bad for the fuel pump as well.