Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Sunroof delete option for Limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/sunroof-delete-option-for-limited-15301.html)

goatee 11-19-2010 09:50 AM

Sunroof delete option for Limited

Checking prices today on NADA.com and noticed a sunroof delete option for the Limited model. Option code GWA with a $345 credit. Does anyone know about this? Does this replace the panoramic roof for the single pane version same as the one with the DVD option? Does this mandate the DVD? Only available for the Limited model from what I can see.

Greg7 11-19-2010 04:31 PM

Re: Sunroof delete option for Limited

My bet is you end up with a solid roof. Nothing I would do in my opinion.

dubwarren 11-19-2010 04:51 PM

if you add the rear dvd in a limited or overland then you should end up with a single pane sunroof. i wasnt aware you could delete a sunroof from a limited altogether though, marlon would know for sure.....i think he has said before that he hasnt seen one limited come down the line with zero sunroof. i could be mistaken though.

RMac 11-19-2010 07:12 PM

You can't delete the sunroof from the Limited or Overland. GWA is the sales code for the single pane sunroof, which you get with the DVD system. GWA is also a standalone option on Laredo.

Bmwister 11-19-2010 07:19 PM

There should be a sunroof delete option; I wish there was so I could buy one of the multiple Limiteds or Overlands floating around Chicago dealers. Relatedly, they should make the 2-speed transfer case standard in all 4x4s...because they do not, I can't even find a Laredo to suit my needs. Chrysler, are you listening?
UPDATE 11/23/2010 - I recently gave in and bought a Limited anyway, and the $%# panoramic sunroof is growing on me after all...so it isn't so bad.

xmonger 11-19-2010 09:17 PM

I never use the sunroof. Why do I have to have a hole in the top of my Jeep when I don't want one?

goatee 11-19-2010 11:01 PM

I am just wondering. If this is a true delete of the Command View roof then why does it cost $1195 to get one added to the Laredo but only $345 to have it deleted from the Limited? If you do the math this is a difference of $850 possibly the cost of a single pane sunroof. I think this choice gives many buyers a real choice.

GR33N D3M0N 11-19-2010 11:03 PM

you get the dvd player i think, i might be mistaken though

goatee 11-20-2010 10:46 AM

I don't think so. The way it reads in NADA.com is that it is a delete option. The DVD player option is seperate and indicates that the single pane sunroof is included with that option. Still confused.

RMac 11-20-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goatee (Post 304262)
I don't think so. The way it reads in NADA.com is that it is a delete option. The DVD player option is seperate and indicates that the single pane sunroof is included with that option. Still confused.

The NADA site is misleading. The option is not actually "sunroof delete." The option is to have a single pane sunroof, instead of the CommandView dual pane sunroof.

Since the dual pane sunroof is standard on Limited, choosing the Power Sunroof (single pane) gets you a $345 credit.

There is no option to remove the sunroof completely.

goatee 11-20-2010 11:10 AM

I agree with you. However it does not say that the "single pane will replace the command view" as such. I hope you are right and if you are this makes my choice so much easier. I have one of these panoramic type sunroofs on another vehicle. It is great when fully opened and I never had any issues with it but I do see longevity being a concern. Also the glass that actually slides open on the Command View is probably just a little bigger than the single pane version, the rest of the glass is stationary. I Would take the single pane any day because I see this as less problematic probably 5+ yrs or so down the road. I use the sunroof often but since I usually ride alone or with one passenger I don't really care if the sunroof extends beyond the front seats.

goatee 11-23-2010 09:33 PM

Now I am seeing more changes to the NADA.com website. The Laredo has the GWA sunroof for $800 price and says commandview is no longer factory orderable. Limited remains as a delete for -$345 and now the overland also has the $800 GWA power sunroof option. No mention of the rear seat DVD being paired with this at all.