Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Anyone Powder Coated Their Stock Wheels? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/anyone-powder-coated-their-stock-wheels-15310.html)

J-rod 11-19-2010 04:26 PM

Anyone Powder Coated Their Stock Wheels?

Heres the thing, I dont have a bunch of money to throw into the Jeep but I still would like to do some stuff with it. Between the Jeep, the bike and my other hobbies I wont be having any extra cash to throw down for some SRT Reps. I can get some PC done for pretty cheap so I was thinking about getting my wheels PC...anyone happen to have any pics or comments on this?

tman1423 11-19-2010 04:49 PM

I really want to do this too. I have a friend who powder coats so I can get it cheap. I'll let you know when I get it done. Probably won't be too soon though.

heehawbus 11-19-2010 05:46 PM

Re: Anyone Powder Coated Their Stock Wheels?

my friend had it done on his srt8 for 160 a wheel

J-rod 11-19-2010 06:15 PM

holy shit he paid a lot.

BlackedOutWK 11-21-2010 10:14 AM

i had my moab's powder coated for around $30/wheel. the stockers will look a lot better pc'd in my opinion.

Devilsmed98 11-21-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK (Post 304664)
i had my moab's powder coated for around $30/wheel. the stockers will look a lot better pc'd in my opinion.

Damn that's a really reasonable price. Anywhere in particular you got them done at?

I'm in the same boat as the OP, wanted some black SRT reps but don't have cash for new wheels and tires. I am in the process of plasti-dipping my wheels. Looks okay but definitely not satisfying my rep needs.

vstone 11-21-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK (Post 304664)

Damn your wk looks good, thats exactly what im going for. What wattage are your HID fogs? I about to put some in mine but have heard that the housing in the fogs is to small for 55w cause they get to hot.

Now that I have finally got my HIDs in my lowbeams to stop flickering with a relay harness im ready to do the fogs.

J-rod 11-21-2010 06:33 PM

just this place here in town, they do stuff for us off the books so we get it for pretty cheap.

SRTgirl 11-21-2010 08:26 PM

Recently had my srt's powder coated for 60 a wheel and they fixed a bit of road rash for me :o I luv them, so dang easy to clean!

J-rod 11-21-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTgirl (Post 304998)
Recently had my srt's powder coated for 60 a wheel and they fixed a bit of road rash for me :o I luv them, so dang easy to clean!

was it because you're a girl?:D

White Chocolate 11-21-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vstone (Post 304907)
Damn your wk looks good, thats exactly what im going for. What wattage are your HID fogs? I about to put some in mine but have heard that the housing in the fogs is to small for 55w cause they get to hot.

Now that I have finally got my HIDs in my lowbeams to stop flickering with a relay harness im ready to do the fogs.

Whoever you heard that from is incorrect. Youll be fine putting HIDs in the fog lights

J-rod 11-21-2010 09:03 PM

uhhh what?