Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   BWoodys and SRT Bilstein alignment issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/bwoodys-and-srt-bilstein-alignment-issues-15314.html)

jasonjsl 11-19-2010 08:38 PM

BWoodys and SRT Bilstein alignment issues

1 Attachment(s)
Today I went and got my alignment checked out since I have recently installed some bwoodys and and my srt bilsteins. The shop said that i needed new ball joints in order to be able to align my vehicle properly (they quoted me $800). Ive reserched the forum and checked out some of the members alignment sheets after changing the suspension, and they are much closer to specs than the end result of the alignment I got. Also others say that they didnt need anything extra to get within the proper specs? Below is the alignment sheet they gave me. Anyone have any imput on where im at with my numbers? Just trying to figure out if what the shop is saying is correct or if theyre trying to bend me over. Im going to get another shop to double check the specs im at currently and ask their take on the whole thing. Of course I will ask you guys first as you all have been my most reliable sources thus far!

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-19-2010 09:00 PM

Re: bwoodys and str bilstein alignment issues

eibach has a camber kit they sell ... some need some don't ... I didn't needed it in mine, unfortunately don't have my allignment sheets with me ... however if you get the camber within range you should be set since your caster is not far off

Check out scott's suspension thread for the right part number on the camber kit.

My front camber used be way out and now is alligned

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-19-2010 09:50 PM

Also the camber can sometimes be off due to the installation of the strut mount at the top of the strut tower, if it was installed poorly without properly aligning the strut tower when placing it back, it can throw off the alignment as well. I would get that re-checked and take it to the shop that did the work and have them take off the top bolt align it properly then tighten back to specs

jasonjsl 11-19-2010 10:15 PM

I did the work myself.I marked everything prior to removing the components to avoid misalignment upon reinstallation. But I certainly appreciate the input. Not a snowballs chance in hell anyone is putting a single wrench to my vehicle unless I can not do it myself!

Scottina06 11-19-2010 10:18 PM

it is almost impossible to get them within specs after lowering with the Bwoodys. My shop got mine all green...but on the high side.

FYI-the Eibach adjustable ball joints dont work on the SRT suspension. They come in contact with the front strut tower. Ask me about the $150 mistake+install that I made.....LOL

jasonjsl 11-19-2010 10:28 PM

thanks scott...so are there any ball joints that will work on my suspension? and how do my numbers look in comparison to yours? Whay would yours check out in the green and they cant get mine anywhere close?

Scottina06 11-19-2010 10:31 PM

not at the moment. I will have to find my last sheet and get back to you.

jasonjsl 11-19-2010 10:39 PM

How do the srt guys align their vehicles? Anyone with a lowered srt have any input. So, scott youre pretty much telling me im screwed? I would appreciate if you could shag the numbers from your last alignment...im curious to see where exactally you ended up at.

Scottina06 11-19-2010 10:45 PM

I would find another shop. You arent gonna get the specs perfect. Like I said...I know mine were on the high side of the specs.

Scottina06 11-19-2010 10:52 PM

Im looking for the sheet as we speak

jasonjsl 11-19-2010 10:55 PM

I understand I wont get them perfect, but I will get them real close. Did you take a look at my results...there has to be a way to get in closer than what they were able to get. I would love to go down to the shop and take a look at the ball joints they were talking about...hell maybe thats what i need. But for the 195 a piece they wanted they can kiss my ass!

Scottina06 11-19-2010 11:04 PM

here ya go......

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t.../alignment.jpg