Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Question Re Interior Color Options (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/question-re-interior-color-options-15361.html)

roscoe 11-21-2010 02:43 PM

Question Re Interior Color Options

This is my first post, so hi all.

I am considering a new jeep and am struggling with the interior color coordination. I would like to get the Overland with black interior but from the pictures I see it still comes with the brown wood paneling and brown wood on the steering wheel. Am I the only one who thinks the brown wood doesn't go well with the black leather? Any current owners have pictures they could post of the black leather with brown wood?

I noticed the Summit edition has darker wood trim that I think would go better with the black leather. I wonder if we will ever have the option of putting those two together?

1S1K 11-21-2010 02:47 PM

Re: Question Re Interior Color Options

The Saddle Interior seems to be popular on here...:rolleyes:

Scottina06 11-21-2010 02:54 PM

the black leather is my favorite as well......and Im with you...I dont like the brownish/orange wood. If I get my wife one I plan to paint the wood maybe?

sella 11-21-2010 03:02 PM

I've seen both the Black and the Dark/Light Frost Beige interiors and they both look very nice. Black looks a bit nicer in my opinion though. I'd suggest taking a look at both in person before choosing, since it's hard to get a real feel for them from the pictures. I'm not aware of anyone finding a Saddle interior on the lot to view yet.

roscoe 11-21-2010 03:09 PM

Assuming the wood is real, I seriously doubt you could paint it without great difficulty. It would be polished and sealed so you would have to remove it, sand it down, re-paint, and re-seal.

Difficult for me to understand how Jeep could put so much effort into improving their flagship vehicle and not provide color coordinated interior configurations. I mean, what percentage of potential buyers out there would be going into the dealership looking for saddle with black or black with brown panels.

Helloooo... black with silver/grey accents is the norm on other makes. Why not offer this?

Angel 11-21-2010 03:17 PM

I am with you 'roscoe'. I don't like the wood either and that's the reason why I decided to go for a Laredo X and equip it well. I have black interior with the black wooden panels and it looks great.

This webside gives you a good overview about the different configurations: http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_interior.htm

GlowingGhoul 11-21-2010 03:28 PM

I have had nothing but complements on my Overland's black interior.

Those of you who think the deep, rich sicilian elm doesn't coordinate with the black leather and brushed nickel accents must be basing this on photos rather than real life.

This combination looks extremely well put together and coordinated as the interior on $70k+ Mercedes sedans...

Scottina06 11-21-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscoe (Post 304805)
Assuming the wood is real, I seriously doubt you could paint it without great difficulty. It would be polished and sealed so you would have to remove it, sand it down, re-paint, and re-seal.

Difficult for me to understand how Jeep could put so much effort into improving their flagship vehicle and not provide color coordinated interior configurations. I mean, what percentage of potential buyers out there would be going into the dealership looking for saddle with black or black with brown panels.

Helloooo... black with silver/grey accents is the norm on other makes. Why not offer this?

not a newb to this bro. I have the plastic painted(door window button bezels, center console bezels and Nav bezel) in my 2006 WK and Im 100% positive the wood will not be a problem to paint. I used a body shop to paint mine and they used the same paint they would use on the exterior. It is almost bullet proof and perfect after 4 years.

GlowingGhoul 11-21-2010 03:37 PM

On the Overland, the wood is real.

tank47 11-21-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 304816)
not a newb to this bro. I have the plastic painted(door window button bezels, center console bezels and Nav bezel) in my 2006 WK and Im 100% positive the wood will not be a problem to paint. I used a body shop to paint mine and they used the same paint they would use on the exterior. It is almost bullet proof and perfect after 4 years.

You ever post pics of your interior - i'd be interested to see it. I was going to look through your posts, but with 20,000+ :eek: I figured i would go the lazy route and just ask you.

Scottina06 11-21-2010 03:56 PM

theres some in this thread

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php...raphic+history

roscoe 11-21-2010 04:05 PM

Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 304816)