Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Durango R/T review (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/durango-r-t-review-15456.html)

barho 11-23-2010 03:11 PM

Durango R/T review

Looks nice. I like the color matched rear, mirrors and handles. The wheels aren't the best, but I do like them with the color on the one in the pictures.

Still like the GC better, but for a 3 row seat vehicle, definately an option. And starting at $32K for the R/T, not a bad price.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/15/2...iew-road-test/

blackpepper 11-23-2010 03:19 PM

Re: Durango R/T review

The wheels look like the mopar accessory wheels offered for the WK2..

I think the dash looks plain, like the design except for (wait for it....) the rear tailgate.

Knightrider03m 11-23-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

At $29,195, the entry-level Durango Express includes tri-zone automatic climate control, LED ambient lighting, hill-start assist and trailer sway control as standard equipment.
Number one, calling a trim "express" is just gay.
Number two, with that pricing and those nice touches the Durango is going to steal a large amount of sales away from the WK.

jeep2011 11-23-2010 04:15 PM

That is a good thing otherwise the entire roads will be clogged with GC's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 306147)
Number two, with that pricing and those nice touches the Durango is going to steal a large amount of sales away from the WK.

Wow it looks like the R/T is going to come with the V6 standard.....if that is the case they really devalued what R/T use to mean.

Pats2011WK2 11-23-2010 04:29 PM

The base GC Laredo comes with LED ambient lighting, Hill start assist, and trailer sway control. Just not the tri-zone automatic climate control.

SRTILL8 11-23-2010 05:10 PM

i cant help but look at this durango and see the new GC. so basically the new 2012 SRT8's interior cluster and etc will look like that i guess and most of the body styling will also be similar. they better not! hahah

jeepin4ever 11-23-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 306147)
Number one, calling a trim "express" is just gay.

Using the term "gay" as a negative descriptor is not OK. Please use appropriate adjectives. I don't believe the LGBT community claim "express" as part of their community.

Durango is a nice alternative for people needing 3 rows. thanks

White Chocolate 11-23-2010 11:49 PM

Id buy it....I like it better then the WK2

walterhudson 11-25-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepin4ever (Post 306198)
Using the term "gay" as a negative descriptor is not OK. Please use appropriate adjectives. I don't believe the LGBT community claim "express" as part of their community.

Durango is a nice alternative for people needing 3 rows. thanks

Cool it with the PC crap.

rdalcanto 11-25-2010 12:29 AM

+1. For those of us that grew up in the 70s, saying something is "gay" is just a part of speech. Same with "retarded." I have a disabled daughter that is severely delayed, and I don't freak out when someone uses the word "retarded" to describe something. Live and let live my friend.

As for the Durango, I like it. Seems like a great alternative to the MDX and other crossovers with third row seating, for those that need that more than they need off-road capability.

Scottina06 11-25-2010 02:25 AM

no thanks.......

Knightrider03m 11-25-2010 02:29 AM

I wasn't going to respond to his post when I know how strongly I feel about the LGBT community and have (and always will) stick up for homosexuals.