Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Turn signals and Flashers - Help!?!? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/turn-signals-and-flashers-help-15493.html)

mack470 11-24-2010 03:48 PM

Turn signals and Flashers - Help!?!?

My Turn signals and Emrg Flashers stop working,checked fuses and they were good,changed all the bulbs.All other exterior lights work well.I just haven't any signals.Lights don't flash when I use my remote entry.What are the possibilities other the signal switch replacement,which I was told I may need to replace.......2000 Jeep Grn Chrk Lrdo......v6

99PlatinumWJ 11-24-2010 05:08 PM

Re: Turn signals and Flashers

Its probably the flasher relay, I had the same problem with my turn signals not working, I replaced it and they r fine now. Good luck, hope u get it fixed soon!

mack470 11-24-2010 07:35 PM

Thanks.......Where is the flasher located,will it be necessary for me to remove anything to get to it.It's my understanding it's located by my fusebox ......I see the fuses but can't locate relays.

99PlatinumWJ 11-24-2010 07:45 PM

The relays are located under the dash above the fuse box. I believe u need to remove the lower dash panel, its like 4 bolts if I remember correctly. They should have a diagram in the user manual in the glove box on the relays. U might have to order the relay from the dealer cause auto part stores near me did't carry them, but I got lucky at a junk yard and found one! :) dealer near me said $50, junk yard $3! Gotta love junk yards!!!

RYANSWJ 11-30-2010 01:20 AM

yes go to a junk yard and get the part much easier then the stealership you can get it at napa or a auto store for like 40 bucks but the junk yard is the best deal

mack470 12-08-2010 07:27 PM

Replaced relay,turn signals work in front but not rear and flash very fast.Emergency flasher also work in front but not rear.Replaced bulbs and sockets in rear tail light still nothing.Question.....Could a bulb be out in the front but still flash and would that cause my rear flasher not to work ? In the tail light fixture is the turn signal the bottom bulb.

Frango100 12-08-2010 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The so called combination flasher is an IC controlled relay. Attached a simple drawing of the wiring schematic. It is indeed normal that if one bulb is out, the other one will flash much quicker. Donīt understand your question about if the front bulb is out, but still flashes???????
But it looks like you have a ground problem at the tail lights. Use a multimeter and check for voltage at the tail light when it is suppost to flash. If ok (12V), your ground is probably missing. Can be a broken wire or loose/corroded ground stud.
Also many times the small tabs on the light bulb sockets make bad contact. Just bend them out gently and make sure that there is no dirt or corrosion on them or the mating contact ring on the tail light assy.
If you donīt have 12V at the taillight assy, maybe good to check if the Combination flasher relay is fully inserted and if some of the connector pins in the junction block are not pushed away.

mack470 12-08-2010 08:43 PM

Flashers.......

Just replaced Flasher relay hoping to solve problems with non flashers and turn signals stopped working.Now front flashers work but flash faster than normal as do the front turn signals.However rear turn signals and flashers don't work at all,replaced sockets and bulbs in rear but that didn't solve the problem......Anyone have a clue ?:confused:

Frango100 12-08-2010 09:06 PM

Re: Flashers.......

Just left a note in your previous Thread

mack470 12-09-2010 02:24 PM

No power in tail light

All tail light functions work fine except for flashers and turn signals,replaced all components(sockets,bulbs,and flasher relay),I'm not getting any power to tail light.......Any suggestions ?

Frango100 12-09-2010 03:24 PM

Re: No power in tail light

You have now 3 threads about this same thing, but don't answer the questions in the previous ones:sleepy:

Chaoul1 12-09-2010 04:41 PM

Re: No power in tail light

Wasn't this on Facebook? Check your Harnesses DUDE!