Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Backup camera problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/backup-camera-problem-15502.html)

Greg7 11-24-2010 05:58 PM

Backup camera problem

Ok, 2011 Limited with 430 RBZ Media Center.

When I start the car and put it in reverse , I get the stupid traffic safety message and about 2 seconds of black screen before I get the backup view. In my opinion that is wrong 3 seconds before I get the information I need to do a safe backup. In my opinion the safety message should appear when you put the car into drive , if it has to show up every single time you start the car.

What do you think ?

whatevrworks 11-24-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg7 (Post 306737)
Ok, 2011 Limited with 430 RBZ Media Center.

When I start the car and put it in reverse , I get the stupid traffic safety message and about 2 seconds of black screen before I get the backup view. In my opinion that is wrong 3 seconds before I get the information I need to do a safe backup. In my opinion the safety message should appear when you put the car into drive , if it has to show up every single time you start the car.

What do you think ?

Well I have the 730n but have driven a 430 and they had a message when starting he car that had a warning and accept button that would disappear if you don't do anything. Never seen anything when putting into reverse that's dumb having to wait a few seconds trying to backup. After less than half second or so I have camera view when put in reverse.

tbechtel 11-26-2010 09:54 AM

Re: Backup camera problem

I don't get a message when putting in reverse. Camera comes on immediately. I have the 430.

jeep2011 11-26-2010 09:56 AM

Yes my 430N does show the warning message but for a split second if I put it in reverse. Really if I am in a hurry the Jeep logo takes longer to go off than the warning message does. It's still much quicker than my Tahoe was it too about 10seconds before you would see the camera.

nasrayad 03-15-2013 03:39 AM

What can cause the back up camera not working (no image, black screen), checked the camers and cleaned it but still no video, Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2011

ernestd 03-15-2013 10:16 AM

TIPM-Total Integrated Power Module.
I had the Black screen of death first day of ownership.
Dealer replaced the TIPM and all issues were resolved.
Good Luck
Cheers

padgett 03-15-2013 09:53 PM

Mine works instantly but is an aftermarket wireless unit.

Jeep_addicted 03-16-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasrayad (Post 780764)
What can cause the back up camera not working (no image, black screen), checked the camers and cleaned it but still no video, Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2011

I had an issue where the camera would work intermittently and everytime I tried to take it in it would work.

It finally died completely and they determined the camera was the problem..... no problems since.

That happened during the first 1800 miles of ownership.

Tmy8ster 04-11-2014 10:19 AM

Has anyone noticed on the 2014 Grand Cherokees that when backing up, it appears the screen "skips" for a lack of a better word? The image is clear, but when moving, you'll notice a quick glitch in the video. Not a big deal, but if I'm the only one, I'd like to get it fixed.

Thanks for the feedback!

jacko15 04-11-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmy8ster (Post 1006525)
Has anyone noticed on the 2014 Grand Cherokees that when backing up, it appears the screen "skips" for a lack of a better word? The image is clear, but when moving, you'll notice a quick glitch in the video. Not a big deal, but if I'm the only one, I'd like to get it fixed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Do a forum search. It's discussed in a number of threads. This is a common problem experienced by many. Don't think there's a fix yet. Not everyone has the problem, but it seems to be worse for some.