Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Factory Service Manual Available? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/factory-service-manual-available-15509.html)

Plasticar 11-24-2010 09:26 PM

Factory Service Manual Available?

Is the factory service manual available for purchase? I like to buy the FSM for my vehicles.

It does not appear to be offered yet on TechAuthority.

https://www.techauthority.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx

nek121328 11-24-2010 09:55 PM

Re: Factory Service Manual Available?

Not yet, I'm still waiting for the availability!!!!!

whatevrworks 11-24-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plasticar (Post 306822)
Is the factory service manual available for purchase? I like to buy the FSM for my vehicles.

I'm waiting on one too. If you find elsewhere let us know!

xjman 03-21-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plasticar (Post 306822)

It is available now, $135.

padgett 03-22-2013 07:22 AM

plus $20 S&H for a DVD. Plus tax. Have the 2012 on order. 2013 is also available. Looks like CJF had a policy change.

bill_de 03-22-2013 09:24 AM

Does anyone know if the format used on the DVD lends itself to being stored on a tablet or in a cloud account?

I'm getting a cheap Kindle to leave in my car with the owner's manual, UG, etc. This, I think, is better than the printed version because it can be kept up to date.

xjman 03-22-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 785399)
plus $20 S&H for a DVD.

Must be a big and heavy DVD.

padgett 03-27-2013 06:14 PM

Arrived today and is interesting. Single CD about 400 MB. Logically arranged but appears to work only with Internet Explorer, not Firefox & on Windows only.

Major missing pieces are "Search" and "Print". You have to know what you are looking for .

Several places it references "appropriate" wiring information and another references a Chassis Diagnostics Manual. Going to find out what these are.

Do have places where the wiring diagram appears to be blacked out since there is a big black square with "something" on the bottom and a reference to "appropriate wiring information" - anyone else seeing that ? Particularly in the "diagnostics" section near the end.

Though what it does it does in a straightforward manner and so far seems pretty complete - even includes information on the diesel.

I have a call in to tech authority about the items that appear to be missing or blacked out. To Be Continued.

ps to be fair it may be an incompatibility between the required Adobe SVG ("Adobe discontinued support for Adobe SVG Viewer on January 1, 2009.") and IE 10. Oy.

Raptor 03-27-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 789983)
Arrived today and is interesting. Single CD about 400 MB. Logically arranged but appears to work only with Internet Explorer, not Firefox & on Windows only.

Major missing pieces are "Search" and "Print". You have to know what you are looking for .

Several places it references "appropriate" wiring information and another references a Chassis Diagnostics Manual. Going to find out what these are.

Do have places where the wiring diagram appears to be blacked out since there is a big black square with "something" on the bottom and a reference to "appropriate wiring information" - anyone else seeing that ? Particularly in the "diagnostics" section near the end.

Though what it does it does in a straightforward manner and so far seems pretty complete - even includes information on the diesel.

I have a call in to tech authority about the items that appear to be missing or blacked out. To Be Continued.

Yes I got mine today and I agree...... where are the wiring diagrams.

I've been waiting for this service manual so I could wire up rear fogs to work independantly from the fronts like the export WK2's. Without a complete OEM wiring schematic this will be near impossible.

nek121328 03-27-2013 06:53 PM

I connected the rear fogs via the trailer wiring. Used heat shrink-self solder connectors to keep out the moisture.

ColdCase 03-27-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 789983)

ps to be fair it may be an incompatibility between the required Adobe SVG ("Adobe discontinued support for Adobe SVG Viewer on January 1, 2009.") and IE 10. Oy.

Yeah, got mine last week. The CD is similar to those provided for my 2006 RAM and 2009 Liberty, nothing like the paper manuals for the 2000 WJ or 2004 Dakota. For some reason I prefer paper repair manuals, although the search feature is nice. The wiring diagrams have been separate since they started going to CD distribution years ago. I suspect they will be coming out for the WK2 within a few months.

I was able to use a couple browsers and a kludge up a Mac to read previous versions (open the default html in the common folder), but not the WK2 version.

ColdCase 03-27-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 785468)
Does anyone know if the format used on the DVD lends itself to being stored on a tablet or in a cloud account?

I'm getting a cheap Kindle to leave in my car with the owner's manual, UG, etc. This, I think, is better than the printed version because it can be kept up to date.

It seems to be a more restricted than previous years, it is set up for internet exploder, the Adobe SVG reader they abandoned 5 or 6 years ago and a windoze OS. You'll probably need a windoze netbook at least. The similar CD we have for the 2009 Liberty could be kludged to be read by some browsers, but this CD seems to be more restricted. Back in 2006 the manuals were distributed in std PDF format.