Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

WK2 Limited V6 trans shifting

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  skinny 
#1 ·
I have an 11 Limited V-6 and I have noticed a couple things. When you start from a stop under light to moderate acceleration it seems like the trans shifts too quick into second and bogs the engine down. The other thing and the one that bothers me the most is when coasting down when it drops below 30 it downshifts or something and puts a drag on the vehicle and sometimes i get like a moaning noise from the rear end area when it does this. Mine is a late sept build. Has anyone noticed these issues? And also does anyone know if there is a tsb for this, possibly a software update?

#4 ·
i am on vacation and coincidentally got a Laredo V6 from National Rental Car. The V6 is great. Plenty of pep and power at all speeds. Transmission shifts very well and is seamless. absolutely no shudder. My point of reference is the car i will be selling to buy a GC - my 5-series BMW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.