Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   auto tilt mirrors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/auto-tilt-mirrors-1554.html)

B.P.O.D 07-20-2009 02:16 PM

auto tilt mirrors

ok guys if you have memory seats and heated side view mirrorsyou can have the dealer enable auto tilt side mirrors!

this means when you put your truck in reverse the side mirrors will turn down slightly automatically for you. After you take the truck out of reverse, they will go back to their normal angle!

starscan process to print out and bring to your dealer.
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_autotilt_mirrors.htm

Many Chrysler vehicles come with a user-programmable feature that allows the side mirrors to automatically tilt downward when the vehicle is put into reverse. This can be useful when parking near curbs. This feature can be enabled on 2005-2008 models of the Grand Cherokee Limited, Overland and SRT8, b

Directions for enabling tilt mirror function with Starscan: 2005-2008 Grand Cherokee WK
1. Go to the FCM screen
2. Select "ECU Details"
3. Select "More Options"
4. Mirror tilt function is at the bottom of the list If the above directions do not work, try:
1) Vehicle Preparation / Tilt Mirrors in Reverse Feature
or
2) ECU View / MSMD / Misc.Functions / Tilt Mirrors in Reverse Feature
Then click 'Start', 'Next', 'Enable', 'Finish'.
u

t must programmed by the dealer using a scan tool.

Scottina06 07-20-2009 02:22 PM

Re: auto tilt mirrors

I believe you also need the auto dim mirrors

B.P.O.D 07-20-2009 02:26 PM

not sure about that scott. maybe someone will chime in

Scottina06 07-20-2009 02:28 PM

yeah....I'm not either.

blackpepper 07-20-2009 02:32 PM

You don't need the auto dim.. only the seat memory and power adjusting mirrors. I did this great cheap mod, both sides go down but if you adjust the mirror when it's down, it will not return back up, you have to do it manually or press your seat memory button again. Also they are a little slow so be aware i.e. backing up to get out of a parallel parking spot then quickly checking your mirror for an opening to the street, you'll have to crouch down to see the street b/c the mirror takes 4-5 seconds to return to its original position.

B.P.O.D 07-20-2009 02:33 PM

thanks for the info ryan!

mjl2610 07-20-2009 02:36 PM

Has anyone had any experience with these auto tilt feature in the dead of winter? More relating to the ice and snow getting in there and freezing up the motors potentially or what not? Or is this not an issue?

B.P.O.D 07-20-2009 02:38 PM

you have to have heated mirrors so i would think it would be ok... nate will let us know this winter:)

blackpepper 07-20-2009 02:39 PM

No experiences in winter but sometimes my mirrors will "shake" into position if that makes any sense... it'll get stuck in increments until it reaches the set position. Having this feature will increase wear on your mirror motor b/c it's being used all the time.

mjl2610 07-20-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 36042)
you have to have heated mirrors so i would think it would be ok... nate will let us know this winter:)

That he will.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPepper (Post 36044)
No experiences in winter but sometimes my mirrors will "shake" into position if that makes any sense... it'll get stuck in increments until it reaches the set position. Having this feature will increase wear on your mirror motor b/c it's being used all the time.

ah ha

NHWK05 07-20-2009 06:30 PM

Hmm, this is interesting, i have auto dim and memory seat and all that stuff, maybe teh auto tilt just needs to be activated.

Scottina06 07-20-2009 06:34 PM

yep...the dealer can do so with the starscan