Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Drivers door most annoying (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/drivers-door-most-annoying-15543.html)

jeep2011 11-25-2010 08:42 PM

Drivers door most annoying

Haven't found anything I don't like about the jeep so far, besides the fact the drivers door doesn't stay open when you get out. It always wants to come flying back at you, even on level ground. Wish they had a better hold or lock feature.

Proshop01 11-25-2010 08:46 PM

Re: Drivers door most annoying

I have only had mine for 2 days now, but I have not noticed this. My driver door stays open everytime.

JoeSchmoe007 11-25-2010 08:48 PM

I didn't notice that.

Marlin 11-25-2010 08:57 PM

it's one of the things I HATE about my WK too.
If you "bounce" it all all against the stop, the middle detent doesn't hold it and it comes back at you trying to close.

It usually happens when I've got my hands full because I'm kinda pushing with my elbow.

Most annoying.

5.7Unlimited 11-25-2010 09:27 PM

I know what you guys are saying, all you gotta do is just put it on the middle detent, if not you get a 300 lb door flying back at you :lol:

I find once it's on the detent it wont move even on steep inclines.

jeep2011 11-25-2010 09:28 PM

Maybe it's just mine. I have a friend with a wk and haven't noticed it on his. The wk doors seem much lighter....the wk2 doors seem twice as heavy. I think that is why they seem to swing back. Guess maybe I fing mine open to quickly, I have to open it so slowly to get them to stay open.

JEEPSRT 11-25-2010 09:57 PM

+1.

It almost hit me the other day when I opened and door and then turned around to get something while my left leg was outside. Darn it would hurt.

Also the cup holder on the front doors are not straight. It is impossible to put open cups in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 307284)
Haven't found anything I don't like about the jeep so far, besides the fact the drivers door doesn't stay open when you get out. It always wants to come flying back at you, even on level ground. Wish they had a better hold or lock feature.

Marlin 11-25-2010 10:34 PM

I think the door cup holders are designed more for drink bottles...

JEEPSRT 11-25-2010 10:47 PM

That's a pity. I like putting drinks in there when driving through. I worry it may spill at the center console.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 307346)
I think the door cup holders are designed more for drink bottles...

JoeSchmoe007 11-26-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPSRT (Post 307354)
That's a pity. I like putting drinks in there when driving through. I worry it may spill at the center console.

I think if take a closer look at that "bottle pocket" you will see an icon that means you shouldn't put your drink cups there.

Knightrider03m 11-26-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 307284)

I thought that only happen to me since it does the same thing on my liberty

BEERnALE 11-26-2010 08:11 AM

Interesting...
I have this problem with my 2007 WK Limited, but not on either of my WK2 Overlands.