Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Not A SRT8 WK2 But A WK2 Speed Demon Review! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/not-a-srt8-wk2-but-a-wk2-speed-demon-review-15566.html)

NYCSRTATE 11-26-2010 09:24 PM

Not A SRT8 WK2 But A WK2 Speed Demon Review!

Having had my Overland for just about a month now and just recently being able to get on it on the highways I must say that if this is ANY preview of what the WK2 SRT8 will be there will be alot of permagrins around the SRT community when it does finally come out.

Comparing the first gen WK to the second gen WK2 there is no comparison the ride, the interior and the all out SOP feel goes to the WK2 I dont care if it is heavier it certainly does not feel like it. Ive had the limited 5.7 WK , and now the Overland WK2 and in between the JGC SRT8

I have a tad over 400 miles on my Overland gets just a tad faster with each day of mileage driven.

I seriously doubt the WK2 SRT8 will have the QLII or the panoramic roof which I would want just dont want the added weight of the extended roof. :)

With a CAI and catback for this 5.7 w/VVT it will free up some HP/TQ that has been restricted due to emissions purposes. I wont be doing ANY work to my Overland as Im saving for the WK2 SRT8 but anxious to see what the guys who mod theres do to them and the results.

If this WK2 is any preview of whats coming up in the SRT8 model I am very excited about it.

IMHO :thumbsup:

White Chocolate 11-27-2010 01:43 AM

Re: Not A SRT8 WK2 But A WK2 Speed Demon Review!

Im excited also

NYCSRTATE 11-27-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 307817)
Im excited also

The wait is the hardest part, the Overland helps though :)

cmn1 11-27-2010 09:46 AM

I thought you were reviewing Speed Demon Performance, a new company that was modding your Jeep. LOL. I figured you got hit again by the mod bug . Let's hope the 8 lives up to our expectations.

NYCSRTATE 11-27-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmn1 (Post 307870)
I thought you were reviewing Speed Demon Performance, a new company that was modding your Jeep. LOL. I figured you got hit again by the mod bug again. Let's hope the 8 lives up to our expectations.

Chad the Overland stays stock no matter what!! :D

Got the mod bug under control for now. ;)

moosehead 12-01-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCSRTATE (Post 307732)
Having had my Overland for just about a month now and just recently being able to get on it on the highways I must say that if this is ANY preview of what the WK2 SRT8 will be there will be alot of permagrins around the SRT community when it does finally come out.

Comparing the first gen WK to the second gen WK2 there is no comparison the ride, the interior and the all out SOP feel goes to the WK2 I dont care if it is heavier it certainly does not feel like it. Ive had the limited 5.7 WK , and now the Overland WK2 and in between the JGC SRT8

I have a tad over 400 miles on my Overland gets just a tad faster with each day of mileage driven.

I seriously doubt the WK2 SRT8 will have the QLII or the panoramic roof which I would want just dont want the added weight of the extended roof. :)

With a CAI and catback for this 5.7 w/VVT it will free up some HP/TQ that has been restricted due to emissions purposes. I wont be doing ANY work to my Overland as Im saving for the WK2 SRT8 but anxious to see what the guys who mod theres do to them and the results.

If this WK2 is any preview of whats coming up in the SRT8 model I am very excited about it.

IMHO :thumbsup:

+1 to all of the above, with one exception. $1 says you can't keep her stock.

NYCSRTATE 12-01-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 310070)
+1 to all of the above, with one exception. $1 says you can't keep her stock.

My current WK2 or the soon to be WK2 SRT8? :D

Knightrider03m 12-01-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCSRTATE (Post 307968)
Chad the Overland stays stock no matter what!! :D

Got the mod bug under control for now. ;)

Yea..... that is what we all say.

It is kind of like crack. You fight the hunger for a bit but then it just comes back faster and more powerful :lol:

I was going to leave my Jeep completely stock but now the mod list is growing by the hour :eek:

NYCSRTATE 12-01-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 310335)
Yea..... that is what we all say.

It is kind of like crack. You fight the hunger for a bit but then it just comes back faster and more powerful :lol:

I was going to leave my Jeep completely stock but now the mod list is growing by the hour :eek:

Trust me I know the feeling!

I just traded my Charger SRT8 for this WK2 and lost my ASS OFF on the trade in which may make me hold off until the WK2 SRT8.

H/C/I, ported and extruded intake, BWoody CAI, 2009 Getrag LSD rear end, USW forged rims custom made the list is endless all in all $15k just poof gone.

So do I want to mod it? kind of. Will I? Probably not thinking back to what I lost on the CSRT8, now as far as the WK2 SRT8......

No Comment :D

downstate 12-01-2010 09:49 PM

I'd be in the same boat if I traded my WK SRT8 for a WKII SRT8 with no real return on mods! I'll have to wait to see it in person and test drive one :)

Megatron 12-01-2010 10:57 PM

So where did you get the vaccination shot for the mod bug? I'm sure most of our members would like one! LOL.

NYCSRTATE 12-01-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Paul (Post 310496)
So where did you get the vaccination shot for the mod bug? I'm sure most of our members would like one! LOL.

Drop $15k in mods on a car then sell it a year later you wont need a shot reality smacks you hard! :D