Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   best programmer? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/best-programmer-15586.html)

DMack89 11-27-2010 02:51 PM

best programmer?

New to all of this I just bought An 05 grand cherokee 5.7 an need some info/advice on what programmer should I run... also other performance mods thanks all.

FlyinRyan 11-27-2010 05:23 PM

Re: best programmer?

Diablo

Scottina06 11-27-2010 07:17 PM

it depends on what you want from a programmer.....

Check out the Superchips as well as the Diablo. The Diablo can accept CMR custom tunes(which are expensive) and thats about it. It also has some canned tunes that i hear are kind iffy. The superchips has several tunes....91, 87, towing, gas mizer etc. You can also monitor just about anything you need to monitor...egt's, manifold temps, engine, coolants etc etc etc. They also have tranny tuning. I actually have a superchips piggy backed on an SCT tuner just for the tranny tuning and monitoring of certain things I need to monitor. I csn also do 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 miles etc etc. times

SoCalMoparWK 11-27-2010 11:34 PM

I'd say superchips and I love mine. One of the best investiments for power and performance.

Black Betty 11-28-2010 09:50 PM

I got an 06 Hemi Overland and I love my Predator. Granted I don't have a CAI, Exhaust, with tune or I'm sure it'd be even sweeter. I'd say at least 80% of the guys here have a Diablo Predator especially for the 5.7, but I could be off on my guess.

DMack89 11-29-2010 10:31 AM

Thanks y'all like I said im new to this so any info helps... also I like the look of those srt10 wheels how much the run an what size are they?

4.whoa 12-04-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 308155)
it depends on what you want from a programmer.....

The superchips has several tunes....They also have tranny tuning. I actually have a superchips piggy backed on an SCT tuner just for the tranny tuning

Is this for shift points, or torque management?

FlyinRyan 12-04-2010 04:50 PM

Shift points

davolutz 11-22-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 311954)
Shift points

Hey I've seen you and other guys talking about you being able to customize or add on to these tuners? Maybe I'm wrong but I also see you have a 4.7 also...i have a 2006 Wk 4.7 limited and have been looking at tuners. Was leaning towards the Superchips because of the transmission options.. I feel like it would benefit my jeep greatly...what are your thoughts and input as far as tuners for my 4.7..i see you said Diablo? Any input would be greatly appreciated

jeepgcoman 11-23-2016 09:53 PM

I can't speak to how good either tuner is for the 4.7 engine, but it has the same 545RFE transmission that the 5.7's has and the Superchips Advanced Transmission Tuning Application (ATT) some are alluding to is, IMO, its best selling point. I have both the Diablosport (DS) and Superchips (SC) Tuners for both my Hemi vehicles.....LX and WK. The main reason I run the SC Tuner on the WK is because of the ATT App. It allows for full control of all up and downshift schedules as well as both part and full throttle torque management. The DS Tuner only allows you limited control of just the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. IMO, the biggest advantage to the DS Tuner is the ability to get the expensive, custom ChipMaster Revolution (CMR) tunes. IMO, these are only good if you have a fairly well modified engine, otherwise the "canned" tunes are more than adequate. There aren't a lot of performance products available for the 4.7....headers, camshafts, bigger heads, etc. like there is for the 5.7, so the SC ATT App. would help alot with it. On the 5.7, especially if you're planning mods., the SC, IMO, is still the best choice with the biggest difference being the SC has no ability to have custom tunes done.

I do run the DS Tuner on my LX and it works quite well, but has no control over the NAG1 shift schedules and limited control of the torque management settings. To improve transmission operation on it, I've added the Mopar Performance Transmission Control Module, which has helped quite a bit.

Good luck on whatever direction you decide to go in. Also, you'll need a separate tuner for each vehicle, as you can't use the same one on both vehicles. To get that capability you'd have to go with something like the HPTuner which is more spendy, requires a laptop computer and a pretty good knowledge of 4.7/5.7 engine tuning.

Sweed 11-24-2016 11:37 AM

I got the Diablosport from Hemifever that included a custom tune with the price, very happy with that purchase! Sean from Hemifever have been very helpful and got me a tune that fit me perfect, recommended!