Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   4" Bwoody finally installed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/4-bwoody-finally-installed-15596.html)

Tyrant_246 11-28-2010 12:31 AM

4" Bwoody finally installed

hey guys i ust finished installed the 4" bwoody i got a while ago..

an honest review.. well.. if you have a 5.7 stay away.. far... far away..
its obvious that this intake was blindly labelled to fit the 5.7 to sell more units.. their are so many fitment issues that imo its not worth putting out the 350$ required to get it, that is if you have the 5.7.. if you have the SRT then its immediate enjoyment.

not to mention that if you have a 5.7 theirs an additional 40$ to spend if you dont want to cut your stock IAT sensor cable.. as the iat extension supplied with the intake does not work for the 5.7's (it will fit WK SRT's and othe LX's only) i had to get one from Airram (thanks to Nick for helping me out on this :))

its a tight fit to get the intake filter not to hit the fog lamps and here is another point where it shows that this is meant for the SRT - as the SRT fog lamps are placed lower due to the bumper difference.

a plus point for the cai is that it sounds good, really good and gave the magnaflows a better tone and now you definatley hear the engine roar. and theirs a definate increased SOTP feel.

so in short for the 5.7 stick with the 3.5" or the short ram version.. personally i'm thinking of getting the AFE stage 2 after i save up a bit.. just dont like how i had to half ass a few things to get the intake to fit right. Also IAT temps are now almost equal to ambient

for your enjoyment heres a video i made this morning. with a 0-100kph test using my dashawk included.. had a great launch and the weather was nice and cool and i got a 5.46 :D

SoCalMoparWK 11-28-2010 12:35 AM

Re: 4" Bwoody finally installed

Sweetness. Congrats

Frankie 11-28-2010 01:28 AM

Nice man! Fixed the vid for you too! ;)

Tyrant_246 11-28-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxSTUGOTSxox (Post 308247)
Nice man! Fixed the vid for you too! ;)

White Chocolate 11-28-2010 02:22 AM

I thought they fixed the 5.7L fitment issues??

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-29-2010 01:30 AM

nice !!!

Chaoul1 11-29-2010 01:13 PM

I have a Bwoody 4" Intake w/ the IAT Extension. The IAT Extension won't work with my 5.7 IAT Connection?

kevin06vino 11-29-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 308884)
I have a Bwoody 4" Intake w/ the IAT Extension. The IAT Extension won't work with my 5.7 IAT Connection?

No, the extension that comes in the kit is for the SRT8 - I just lengthened my stock wiring to fit the BWoody for my 5.7

08Hemi 11-29-2010 04:30 PM

I raised HELL when I found this out...still ended up having to cut my IAT which I was not very happy with...but once its done its done so I am ok with it now. BS that they market something to fit and when you get it, sure enough it doesn't. Oh well...

Tyrant_246 11-29-2010 10:30 PM

Chaoul1,
unfortunatley its likley that it will not work out, check if the harness is 2 pin or 3 pin if its 2 pin on both sides it will work if its 3 pin then thats for the SRT and LX cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 308979)
I raised HELL when I found this out...still ended up having to cut my IAT which I was not very happy with...but once its done its done so I am ok with it now. BS that they market something to fit and when you get it, sure enough it doesn't. Oh well...

well i hope you atleast got a reply from Bwoody.. they wouldnt answer my calls, emails etc..

and to think i was about to order some other stuff from them.. honestly i should've saved the 100$ and got the AFE in the begining.. just heard so many reviews about the intake that i fell for it.

but yeah besides that its all good lol.