Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Picking Up the Overland tomorrow - what should I look for? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/picking-up-the-overland-tomorrow-what-should-i-look-for-15612.html)

RedBolt 11-28-2010 05:15 PM

Picking Up the Overland tomorrow - what should I look for?

After a long 3-1/2 month wait, the dealer called today and told me my Overland arrived today and I can pick it up tomorrow after prep and detail.

So, beyond making sure I got the right model with the right options and checking for the usual cosmetic details, what should I look for before I drive it off the lot? What accessories are supposed to be included that may be missing? Of course I will check for the spare and the jack. I read somewhere else on this forum that a trailer hitch cover is normally included. Anything else? Any fit and finish items I need to be especially aware of?

Thank you!

Redbolt
Overland 4x4 Hemi
Blackberry Pearl
Offroad Adventure II
Tech Package
Ordered 9/18/10
To be delivered 11/29/10

jonesark 11-28-2010 05:18 PM

Re: Picking Up the Overland tomorrow - what should I look for?

Go ahead and rub it in..... :cool:

Chaoul1 11-28-2010 05:19 PM

Make sure your Navigation fully works, make sure you have your door moldings (if you got that).

rdalcanto 11-28-2010 05:46 PM

Enjoy your jeep you lucky bastard! Then give us an indepth review of the tech package!!

RedBolt 11-28-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdalcanto (Post 308470)
Enjoy your jeep you lucky bastard! Then give us an indepth review of the tech package!!

Will do. Hey you guys with the saddle interior KNEW it was going to take longer and I'm sure you will find it worth the wait. As for me, I am happy with the standard light beige.

MeanDean 11-28-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBolt (Post 308450)
So, beyond making sure I got the right model with the right options and checking for the usual cosmetic details, what should I look for before I drive it off the lot? What accessories are supposed to be included that may be missing? Of course I will check for the spare and the jack. I read somewhere else on this forum that a trailer hitch cover is normally included. Anything else? Any fit and finish items I need to be especially aware of?

No, nothing more really. Maybe, just maybe, you should check and make sure that you got the radio/nav system that you ordered. Otherwise I'm confident you'll be very happy with what waits for you.

Keep in mind that these forums are a place for us to air out our gripes and see if there are others with anomolies that we can relate to. I'll venture a guess that 98% of all new JGC owners are perfectly happy with their vehicle. I'm also guessing that you'll be one of those 98%. I know I am!!:)

Scottina06 11-28-2010 08:36 PM

9/18-----11/29 is 2 months 10 days....not 3 1/2 months...unless im crazy????

Anyway...congrats you lucky bastard! LOL

JoeSchmoe007 11-28-2010 08:40 PM

Keep in mind that package with user's guide and CD is on the special "shelf" at the top of glove compartment - I didn't notice it immediately.

Check for body/paint damage everywhere, including roof.

yukon 11-28-2010 09:05 PM

You lucky son of a gun....I ordered the same vehicle on 9/17 and mine just "D1" 11/24......who do you know or who did you B.......:slapfight:

BEERnALE 11-28-2010 09:07 PM

MeanDean has it right!

I also like to know what my support system is like at the dealership.

No CRAP here! My dealership had my vehicle prepped, but they also told me about a TSB they conducted, and then they walked me through the car and its nuances. It was kinda funny that I knew more about the vehicle than they did, but COMPLETE credit to this website! It was their first Overland on the lot, so they were learning too. :)

But, they also offer a great discount on Mopar purchases and labor... to where it is better going through the dealership then most third party vendors. And I asked about car washes and oil changes... which netted some benefits as well.

But an extremely cool thing! They had the car prepped and in the showroom during delivery. It was odd, but cool at the same time... as I drove the vehicle out of the showroom, and had MANY customers watching.

Oh, and they originally told me about the Owner's Manuals having to be ordered separately through Jeep!

ENJOY!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

RedBolt 11-30-2010 03:16 PM

Thanks for all the great advice. Got to the dealer and she was prepped and ready to go. I did a quick check/inventory and everything looked fine until my wife asked why there was no "Trail Rated" badge. The dealer told me they stopped doing "Trail Rated" badges; that he has not seen them on anything but the Wranglers. I told him I thought he was mistaken and asked how many Overlands he had seen with 18" wheels (which would mean with an Off Road Adventure II package) and he admitted that prior to mine being delivered he had previously only seen Overlands with 20" wheels. Soooo...I told him that there SHOULD be a "Trail Rated" badge; he said none came with the car. Who is correct?

Beyond that very minor detail, I am in heaven. After only a day driving in moderate traffic, I absolutely love the adaptive cruise control. It keeps a safe distance from the vehicle in front and I hardly notice the speed change as I approach a slower vehicle. No tapping the brakes and resetting. The blind spot monitoring and cross traffic detection are great too...all have been used in normal driving. Though they haven't "saved" me from having an accident, I love the double-check and I anticipate the day when my head is elsewhere and the tech package will more than pay for itself. I do not intend to test the collision avoidance system, and I hope I never have to, but I am glad it is there. For all of you out there still waiting for the Tech package, you will love it!

Will write more in a couple of weeks once I have some run time under my belt.

Redbolt
Overland 4x4 Hemi
Blackberry Pearl
Off Road Adventure II
Tech Package
Delivered: Nov 29, 2010

JoeSchmoe007 11-30-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBolt (Post 309556)
Thanks for all the great advice. Got to the dealer and she was prepped and ready to go. I did a quick check/inventory and everything looked fine until my wife asked why there was no "Trail Rated" badge. The dealer told me they stopped doing "Trail Rated" badges; that he has not seen them on anything but the Wranglers. I told him I thought he was mistaken and asked how many Overlands he had seen with 18" wheels (which would mean with an Off Road Adventure II package) and he admitted that prior to mine being delivered he had previously only seen Overlands with 20" wheels. Soooo...I told him that there SHOULD be a "Trail Rated" badge; he said none came with the car. Who is correct?

I think you are correct. It is possible they just forgot to put it on. Another forum member reported door molding was not installed on one of the doors. However, you do need to check that all items that are supposed to be in your off-road package are there. Wheels are obviously correct, but what about skid plates or other items?