Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Blowing hot air when driving (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/blowing-hot-air-when-driving-15640.html)

sanitarium16 11-29-2010 08:10 AM

Blowing hot air when driving

On my wifes 09 3.7L GC there is hot air blowing (like the fan setting is on low) through the vents when driving. Normally i would expect a little but this is like it is on. When I turn the temperature to cold and switch the position of the air blowing it does the same thing. They replaced the Hvalve when we first got the truck because the AC didnt work. I'm going to bring it in to the dealer this week. What could this be?

SoCalMoparWK 11-29-2010 08:13 AM

Re: Blowing hot air when driving

??? What ever it is it still should be covered under factor warranty.

sanitarium16 11-29-2010 09:00 AM

i know, just wondering if anyone had any insight

GratefulDeadWK 11-30-2010 12:45 PM

is your HVAC in the REC position? If the position indicator is not cranked all the way to the right then I think air can still come in. Try turning the temp to cold as well

08Hemi 11-30-2010 12:53 PM

I had the same issue over my trip for Turkey day.

What I noticed - The HVAC will continue to spit HOT air out of the last setting IF it was set on Hot and turned off. What I did to fix this was "trick" the HVAC into not doing this. I had it set on the dash vents and feet, on the hot setting. I noticed the same thing, and turned it to windshield and COLDest setting, turned it on for 20 seconds, then off. No more hot air. We should not have to do this though...let me know what you find out if you take it into the dealer...

But I totally know what you mean - it is like it is on when I know it was turned off 5+ mins ago...my passengers looked at me like we were in an oven, and I said I know I turned it off...so I tried tricking it and it worked. very weird

JeepKid 11-30-2010 01:10 PM

I had the same issue a few months back. Took it to the dealer and they told me it was a pretty easy fix. I was covered under warranty. I can't recall exactly what it was though.

08Hemi 11-30-2010 01:37 PM

Brian - would you mind looking through your records and post what they fixed? I would love to have that info when I take it into a new dealer...TIA

JeepKid 11-30-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 309530)
Brian - would you mind looking through your records and post what they fixed? I would love to have that info when I take it into a new dealer...TIA

Well i have no receipts but I did call the dealer . . . Their at lunch rite now lol Gimme 20 mins.

GratefulDeadWK 11-30-2010 03:11 PM

try what the others said in the posts above

JeepKid 11-30-2010 03:19 PM

Recirculation housing was replaced is what the guy told me. Sorry it took so long they just now got back.

08Hemi 11-30-2010 06:03 PM

no worries Brian...+rep for the quick answer! thanks

08Hemi 02-03-2011 05:03 PM

I just had the dealer fix this problem for me. They replaced the "recirculation gear"...aparently the gear is a fairly common faulty item. Now mine shuts off like a charm :)