Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/updated-730-radio-dealer-says-is-available-for-order-15658.html)

Robey5 11-29-2010 04:59 PM

Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
Hey all: new to the forum (very nice BTW). I have been lurking around the forum for a little while in anticipation of ordering my new truck.

I was informed today that the updated 730 radio is "available for order" by the dealer.

This is the 730N(RHR) from what I can tell, and has the Sirus traffic info interface on it.

SO: I do not believe that they will go into production till Jan at J-NAP with this radio, but I will be heading to the dealership to order my Mineral Grey/Hemi/730N 4wd JGC! I am pretty stoked, considering I purchase everyday drivers one time per decade and I like to get everything available when I buy a vehicle.

I will not be getting the adaptive cruise control - which seems like a lame overpriced option.

Robey

NYCSRTATE 11-29-2010 05:09 PM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
Good luck I wanted the RHR but needed my Overland ASAP!

Bubs 11-29-2010 06:59 PM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
This is great news. I'm going to see if my dealer can place an order with the new sku. Thanks for the heads up.

PMD G8 11-30-2010 12:58 AM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
Meh, while I haven't compared them side by side I think I'd rather have the simplicity of the Garmin Nav.

Robey5 11-30-2010 10:59 AM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
As I understand it: the updated 730 radio has the garmin nav, with the Interactive Sirius traffic updates. Someone correct me if I am wrong?

It also has the ability to text by voice from what I've been "sold".

R

PMD G8 11-30-2010 11:15 AM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
Scroll down to the bottom, it has the updated 730N information. States Harmon Navigation.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_navigation.htm

Robey5 11-30-2010 11:19 AM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
That is the link I was looking for. Thank you!

R

Nbtstatic 11-30-2010 11:35 AM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robey5 (Post 309461)
As I understand it: the updated 730 radio has the garmin nav, with the Interactive Sirius traffic updates. Someone correct me if I am wrong?

It also has the ability to text by voice from what I've been "sold".

R

I am no NAV expert, but this is a little confusing because I have live traffic showing up on my 730 RER. It actually surprised me the other night when I stopped dead in my tracks on the interstate, and a little Accident icon popped up on the highway right in front of me.


I think the new 730 has Sirius Travel Link, which the current one doesnt, but I'm not exactly sure what that is.

NB

Technosavant 11-30-2010 12:06 PM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nbtstatic (Post 309474)
I am no NAV expert, but this is a little confusing because I have live traffic showing up on my 730 RER. It actually surprised me the other night when I stopped dead in my tracks on the interstate, and a little Accident icon popped up on the highway right in front of me.


I think the new 730 has Sirius Travel Link, which the current one doesnt, but I'm not exactly sure what that is.

NB

Travel Link isn't traffic. It provides weather info, sports scores, and some other minor info. I can see how some might find it useful, but if you have a smartphone, you can easily find this kind of information in seconds anyway. Either way I wouldn't want to look it up while driving.

Here's a link to Sirius' own page about it.

Robey5 11-30-2010 02:16 PM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
Duely noted.... thanks again!

R

Bubs 11-30-2010 04:18 PM

I just called my dealer and he confirmed that only the 430 comes up, no option for the 730N RHR yet. I wonder if your dealer has some sort of VIP access. Let me know if you're able to really place the order.

Milous 11-30-2010 05:19 PM

Re: Updated 730 radio: dealer says is available for order
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubs (Post 309603)
I just called my dealer and he confirmed that only the 430 comes up, no option for the 730N RHR yet. I wonder if your dealer has some sort of VIP access. Let me know if you're able to really place the order.

I don't see it coming up either... the latest order guide was revised today and the 730N is not listed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community