Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   3rd day of ownership and...."service air suspension"?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/3rd-day-of-ownership-and-service-air-suspension-15676.html)

siajeep 11-30-2010 12:05 AM

3rd day of ownership and...."service air suspension"??

Picked up a new WK2 Overland (V6) on Saturday and loving it so far...but today when driving home from work over a bumpy-er road the car beeped and my EVIC displayed the "Service Air Suspension" message...it only stayed on less than 2 secs and I checked the "messages" section of the EVIC and it's still reporting 0 messages. Pulled over, lowered and raised the car with no issues a couple times...

Still concerning and was wondering if anyone has had the same/similar experience? There's just over 60 miles on the car...

edit: forgot to mention that the whole time I was riding on "normal height" mode.

justin1569 11-30-2010 01:55 AM

Re: 3rd day of ownership and...."service air suspension"??

I've only ever seen air suspension hot or something to do with being overheated...it cooled down then resumed raising. Sorry.

Dunecrawler 11-30-2010 03:04 AM

Also had the "overheated" problem once, but it soon returned to normal without any further problems.

Knightrider03m 11-30-2010 03:42 AM

The v6 has the lift system on it?

siajeep 11-30-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 309396)
The v6 has the lift system on it?

Yup, it's an Overland and comes standard with it.

Dunecrawler/Justin -- thanks for the heads-up on the overheat-point...hoping that's all it was but still wondering how "regular driving" would cause it to overheat... :confused:

jeep2011 11-30-2010 07:53 AM

Be careful with raising and lowering the suspension a lot and prompting the overheat message. To many of those messages will severely shorten the lifespan of the compressor. I believe siajeep just had a quick glitch when a sensor got knocked in the bump.

wjs81866 11-30-2010 08:02 AM

I had the same issue as others above, overheat message came on once and wouldn't allow me to raise system. The overheat stored a code and I had to have the dealer erase it. Once they did it workred fine as has since.

Red G8R 11-30-2010 10:03 AM

It reminds me of when I hit a bad bump in my Audi with adjustable HID lights, a warning light came on about the HID, but then they self adjusted and corrected after restart.

I'm glad it wasn't serious for you and thanks for the heads-up.

siajeep 11-30-2010 11:53 PM

thanks all for your input! i d o feel that the bumpy-er road had something to do with it but it wasn't like i was driving through a series of deep potholes...you would also think a "trail rated" jeep's suspension, even the QL, would be built (and tested) to stand up to "bumpy roads"...

regardless, scheduled a service for next Weds for them to look into it...

rdalcanto 12-01-2010 08:50 AM

I'm really second guessing the whole QL thing. If I didn't need the extra ground clearance for Moab, I would have gone springs for sure!

NYCSRTATE 12-18-2010 06:38 PM

This overheat message has now happened to me and the quadra lift does not work.

Im serioulsy starting to regret the purchase of this Jeep.

Navigation issues now the quadra lift, lets see what is next.

wjs81866 12-18-2010 07:37 PM

They need to erase the code, it will work then. Mine hasn't given me any trouble since the one time.