Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (
-   -   15k Service (

08Hemi 11-30-2010 12:31 PM

15k Service Jeep dealer has gone out of business in my town :mad:

I got my last oil changed @ 14,5XX miles, and the service guy asked me if I wanted the "15k" service...I remembered from that I was more in the Schedule "A" (light) as the weather conditions here are not heavy. The only part that is heavy is my foot, so does driving her hard mean I should follow Schedule "B"? No towing, no freezing/hot weather, no long ideling, rarely short trips of 10 miles or less...

I now have 17,XXX miles. I have been very good about changing my oil every 4K miles or less. 6k is recommended (right?), but it seems a lot of you do it every 3k?

So just want to hear some feedback about what you 5.7L guys have been doing with regards to 15-20k service. Tranny feels good and temp is fine, I have a 2wd so no transfer case, rear axle feels good (but idk how it looks in there, this is prolly the main one I am thinking about servicing), and 18K is recommended to lube brake caliper pins. How do I do that? What type of lube is used? Do I need to take the wheels off (hope not)?

Any and all info is appreciated...I did some searching but couldn't find the answers to re: the 15K service, and the brake caliper pins/lube is on here IIRC but I could not find that if there are posts you know of that answer my questions I apologize for the redundancy and please post links.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

GR33N D3M0N 11-30-2010 01:16 PM

Re: 15k Service
damn, i put 30k miles in the last 2 years...good luck!!

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-30-2010 03:28 PM

follow schedule B

robpp 11-30-2010 04:08 PM

i foloowed A cause my Jeep is 07 with LT10K miles.

so i was coming up to 3yrs 30K.

i went wkjeeps; got all my stuff on paper. next made a list of exactly what i needed and shopped.

only dealer only item was transfer case fluid. 2 qts needed.

i think its a total of 4 bottles of gear oil for the axles; you need the one with the friction modifier. or buy it without and get that FM from the dealer. enough for both front and rear. i used Mobil 1 75-140 oil.

next spark plugs: get the OEM equivalent at the parts store. Cahmpion or whatever is in wkjeeps. you need 16.

trans is not touched.
air filter oil that stuff

brake pins: get some lube from the store.....any parts has it. i forget which brand i have but I heard we shouldnt get the copper stuff. IDK. i have CRC synthetic brake/caliper grease. its easy. just opull the pins and smear, put them back.

now if you can do all the labor, have at it.

I went to the local place i trust. i had them do the axles and tc as i didnt want to deal with them. get a reciept for everything.

if you did it youself, write it and date it on your parts reciept.

my bro friend just had a problem with a ford f250 trans and they came after him for service records. he had to come up with all the reciepts. SO.........

Keirik 03-06-2011 08:56 PM

so is there actually a 15k service? I'm at 15k and the manual says no change until 18k but my idicator showed i need to change my oil already in the EVIC.

09 Overland HEMI.