Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Led tail lights problem

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kocor321 
#1 ·
I own a 2008 jeep srt-8 i purchased a set of led tails from racer union i also have the lipz rear fogs harness and conversion.
Now i lost the top portion of the tail light first on one side then on the other.
Has anyone experience the same problem

#2 ·
i would look at the connections, #1. then check the fuses. wkjeeps has all the locations.

maybe try to plug in the original light and see if it all works. that might help identify is it a jep issue or the lamps themselves.

we have heard of peeps losing one LED here and there but not the whole side,

#3 ·
I tried putting in led bulbs in my tail lights the other day and for some reason it blew the fuse. the turn and parking lights are on separate fuses for each side. I had to go to work so i quickly threw a fuse in and haven't tried putting the bulbs back in. the only thing i can think of is i had the lights on when i was putting the bulbs in and out and it shorted something. not sure what to do going to try it again tomorrow with the lights off this time

#4 ·
the OP is talking about LED taillight assembly. NOT LED taillight bulb.

dont bother trying it again. you need what they call a CK bulb for the rear as well as a 6 ohm resistor. the resistor gets wired across the outer wires of the main 3 wire plyg. resistor gets hot so it need a safe place to mount.

both v-led and autolumination sell ck bulbs.

#5 ·
Common problem, I went through one set and bought another. Happened to a few of my friends also.

I heard it happens often, if my second set breaks I am not replacing it. I did hear though that some people were successful with getting replacements from the manufacturer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.