Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   UConnect Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/uconnect-question-15776.html)

banditeb777 12-01-2010 04:22 PM

UConnect Question

I use my Uconnect all the time. I recently switched phones to a Droid and have found something strange.

I used to be able to say "Call John Smith Mobile" and it would give me John's mobile number. Now if I say "Call John Smith Mobile" it gives me a listing similar to below...

1. John Smith
2. John Smith
3. John Smith

It asks me to pick a selection for John but I do not know which is his mobile vs his work or home. Is there a setting on either the phone or on Uconnect I can adjust to make it work the way it used to?

Thanks!

DavidESchiller 12-02-2010 01:34 AM

Re: UConnect Question

which Droid phone do you have? I just went to Android from Blackberry and haven't gotten around to setting it up yet. I'm actually gonna go do that now lol. I'll report back if I figure anything out, I'm good with electronics :)

banditeb777 12-02-2010 10:10 AM

I have a new Droid X...Any thoughts?

Frankie 12-02-2010 12:06 PM

What year is your Jeep? Mine doesnt work like that! LOL

banditeb777 12-02-2010 02:01 PM

2010 Grand Cherokee Limited...

fivespeed6 12-02-2010 02:55 PM

I've found it to be an issue with the phone itself. I use an LG enV Touch & a Droid. Each one has it's "quirks" with only certain contacts in each phone.

DavidESchiller 12-02-2010 03:12 PM

^ yes, it is a phone thing. I have a Samsung Mesmerize (same as the Fascinate) and it lets me choose mobile/home/office in my 2005 WK Limited. sorry I couldn't be of more help, I just need to spend a little more time playing with other Android models. you could try looking around on androidforums.com and see if they have any input on it.

melibokus 12-03-2010 12:24 PM

The structure of your phone address book on the new Driod may be different to your old phone. On the Droid, do you have one address book entry or do you have duplicates like Uconnect is seeing? With your phone disconnected from Uconnect do you still see any address book entries for the same contacts remaining - and if so, can you delete them?

If you have the MyGIG RER then I would also upgrade the software to the latest version 2.107 so you'll get all the latest fixes/features.

Rich 12-03-2010 12:33 PM

Your issue is Android specific, addy book is sorted by first name, I had edit contacts with multiple numbers as: Rich-work, Rich-Home. So field mapping issue between Uconnect & AndroidOS.

HemiDawg 01-10-2011 09:00 PM

Well, got an EVO4G for Christmas and I have the same issue - say a name and which phone to call (home, mobile) and I get a list showing the person's name multiple times but doesn't show me which is which.

louiej611@aol.com 01-11-2011 04:15 PM

I had he same issue but it went away with time. Time is your friend with the Mygig RER. I have a droid and it works like a charm now.

Louie

quadrille 01-19-2011 02:42 PM

Is there a way to flash update Uconnect?