Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   School Yard Bully or BMOC? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/school-yard-bully-or-bmoc-15811.html)

moosehead 12-02-2010 11:20 AM

School Yard Bully or BMOC?

Mom is sick so Dad has kid duty this week. Pancakes and Lucky Charms every morning, plus the kids love the new rig. Secretly, the beast is giddy in anticipation of descending upon the schoolyard soccer mom crowd.

Rolling in as the sun rose over the playground was literally shock and awe. Escalades, Lexus', Hummers, Rovers, Audis and Acadias quickly pulled to the side to make way for the new kid. It was like Moses parting the sea just with the low rumble of the Borla pipes. You could audibly hear the crowd gasp, and see them recoil in disapproval. While everyone was disarmed, I seized pole position in the drop off culdesac.

My kids were delighted with their new found respect and were fist bumped by everyone as we trolled the hallways and then loaded their cubbies with lunch boxes and jackets. Neither minded a hug and "love you dad" on this morning.

When I came back out of school, there was a crowd of moms and a few dads hovering around the WK2. Comments such as "Yea, I just read about this new model outta Stuttgart in the Autobahn Forum" to "Is that a Jeep grill on that Benz?" to "Harumph, who would dare bring those black rims around the kids?". For grins, I fired up the remote start and laughed to myself as everyone jumped back a few steps. Then, sending the crowd into hysteria, the motorized rear hatch magically opened to reveal a warm plate of cookies I had forgotten for home room teacher. As I sprinted back in with the baked goods, a few moms whispered good mornings through perfect teeth and crooked smiles.

Getting ready to pull away, a few nice people asked why I had not been at the mall on Black Friday. I simply replied, "Skiing". Then came several open offers to meet at Whole Foods for a Chai Latte, which were politely declined.

It was freakin' awesome.

Then I was rudely awakened by an alarm clock, the fantasy cut short. Regardless, it felt like the start of a good day.

08Hemi 12-02-2010 11:33 AM

Re: School Yard Bully or BMOC?

CLASSIC!!! Great read

Dunecrawler 12-02-2010 11:37 AM

LOL - Nicely done!

Scottina06 12-02-2010 12:02 PM

oh my......youre so full of crap......LOLOLOLOLOLOL

RyeGuy 12-02-2010 12:13 PM

That's awesome.

moosehead 12-02-2010 12:15 PM

Good thing we're happily married, that warm wood in the cockpit coulda caused a frenzy.

Scottina06 12-02-2010 12:27 PM

Lol

DAVY27 12-02-2010 12:30 PM

great read! i can see that :)

Sid Fields 12-02-2010 12:32 PM

Gotta love The Moose!

Bmwister 12-02-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 310720)
...It was like Moses parting the sea just with the low rumble of the Borla pipes. You could audibly hear the crowd gasp, and see them recoil in disapproval...

Classic.:thumbsup:
Moose you need to start writing short stories. Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

Kingsize 12-02-2010 12:46 PM

Lol... Good one. :D

blackpepper 12-02-2010 01:54 PM

That was great. I was ready to call bullsh*t on the cookies in the trunk, you didn't even mention tying them down.

Keep up the good work.