Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is the blackberry pearl coat purplish in the sun? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-the-blackberry-pearl-coat-purplish-in-the-sun-15812.html)

alambrito 12-02-2010 11:41 AM

Is the blackberry pearl coat purplish in the sun?

I have the option of choosing between a Blackberry/Saddle or Silver/Saddle Overland, but I have to decide without seeing it in person. The dealer will receive a few Overlands in those colors, but by the time they arrive its almost certain all will be sold, so I have to choose now.

I like the silver, but I think the blackberry is a better combination with the saddle interior, unfortunately I havenīt seen the color in person and am worried that it might change into a purple in the sun.

Any comments or suggestions?

Scottina06 12-02-2010 12:00 PM

Re: Is the blackberry pearl coat purplish in the sun?

I have seen it in the sun and its very blueish/purplely

jmpdev2020 12-02-2010 12:09 PM

Our dealerships in AZ have a lot of BlackBerry's on the lots. If anything, it gives off a bluish/green tint when viewed from certain angles. I didn't get the purplish color when looking. But then again, maybe I'm going color blind. Cool color though.

Technosavant 12-02-2010 12:15 PM

Yes, it's a bit purplish in the sun- a little closer to the violent/bluish side, but still purplish.

I like the color, but it isn't for everybody.

AndyKiz 12-02-2010 12:51 PM

To me it looks more blue/navy than purple but it does have the metallic flake that shimmers and reflects an array of colors....even some pink when I saw it up very close. Nevertheless, its a very cool color that looks nearly black in some light and blue/navy in most sunlight. I ordered an overland with blackberry on black interior. In my opinion, the blackberry/saddle combo is a little better than the silver/saddle. With the saddle interior, I like black, charcoal, blackberry, or gray.

RedBolt 12-02-2010 01:05 PM

It is a bit purplish at some angles in the bright sun, more dark navy blue when looked at from other angles. In low light is looks dark, dark blue, even black. I like it, but can understand why some may not.

Redbolt
Overland 4x4 Hemi
Blackberry Pearl
Off Road Adventure II
Tech Package

GlowingGhoul 12-02-2010 01:42 PM

It's a deep navy blue in the sun, not "purpleish". There would need to be much more red in that color to be Purple.

I've seen mine in every imaginable light, and it's never purple.

Get the silver and it'll be much easier to clean. You'll also match every other cheap silver car on the road.

Get the Blackberry and you'll look damn good and distinctive, but be prepared to spend more time keeping it clean.

bozer 12-02-2010 02:24 PM

It's pretty much the coolest color ever. Has sparkles in the paint and looks different depending on time of day. I hope you don't get it though. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of Blackberrys

TCUFrogs5 12-02-2010 03:03 PM

Anyone with pictures want to post?

NYCSRTATE 12-02-2010 03:46 PM

Its a deep dark blue in the sun and when its twilight out you cant tell if it is blue or black!

alambrito 12-02-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul (Post 310786)
It's a deep navy blue in the sun, not "purpleish". There would need to be much more red in that color to be Purple.

I've seen mine in every imaginable light, and it's never purple.

Get the silver and it'll be much easier to clean. You'll also match every other cheap silver car on the road.

Get the Blackberry and you'll look damn good and distinctive, but be prepared to spend more time keeping it clean.

Well said!

If anything, I think I should wait to see it before I decide. However, since I donīt have that luxury, I might just have them reserve the Blackberry and if I donīt like it later just hope there are silvers available.

Thank you all for your input. Pics would be greatly appreciated.

By february I hope to be the proud owner of a Blackberry / Saddle Overland, 4x4, V8, Tech package, Off-Road II, Rear DVD (pretty much the works). Just change the wheels for the 20s and Iīll be set.

alambrito 12-02-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozer (Post 310811)
It's pretty much the coolest color ever. Has sparkles in the paint and looks different depending on time of day. I hope you don't get it though. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of Blackberrys

Donīt worry, I live in Dominican Republic, so I guess we wonīt bump into each other much.