Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Biggest Disappointment (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/biggest-disappointment-15816.html)

RyeGuy 12-02-2010 12:28 PM

Biggest Disappointment

Just curious plus i thought it would be interesting to see. What is your biggest disappointment with your new WK2?

RyeGuy 12-02-2010 12:32 PM

Re: Biggest Disappointment

My auto day/night on my NAV doesnt work I need to manual change it when it gets dark. Kind of a PITA but i'll manage.

moosehead 12-02-2010 12:50 PM

Maybe I'm just old skool, but hate the Electronic Throttle Control.

Didn't cover it in a review cause I was trying hard to like it, but just can't get over it.

Overall? Not much of anything material to be disappointed in.

topsailstar 12-02-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyeGuy (Post 310757)
My auto day/night on my NAV doesnt work I need to manual change it when it gets dark. Kind of a PITA but i'll manage.

You can set it on the interior light switch to the left of the steering column. Make sure the roller is not all the way up. I think it only works properly when set two clicks down from the top. I will try and find the tread where this was explained very well.

HemiDawg 12-02-2010 01:17 PM

Not that I have one, but until they get rid of the 5-speed tranny, I wouldn't even consider trading my 2010 in on a new one.

wk2overland 12-02-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyeGuy (Post 310757)

Ok maybe if you didn't check this... The dimmer by the headlight switch... It has three notches. First is the part where the lights dim. Second is full brightness on instruments/nav and third is the interior light switch. You need it to be on the level where it moves freely, without the notches. I had the same complaint and the dealer made me feel like a moron with that.
This is assuming that auto day/night is enabled in your settings.

That said, I hate that I can't disable trac control fully.

Hem-e 12-02-2010 01:28 PM

Where the headliner meets the A pillar and the widshield. Looks unfinished. Also the rearview mirror.

bpmcgee 12-02-2010 01:47 PM

I'm most disappointed with the non-existence of it! WHERE'S MY JEEP???

UNCjeepWK2 12-02-2010 01:53 PM

Instrument panel cluster. You can't see the analog speedometer unless the steering wheel is cocked as high as it can go.

plynn7 12-02-2010 01:56 PM

Same Here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 310796)
Instrument panel cluster. You can't see the analog speedometer unless the steering wheel is cocked as high as it can go.

GCGreg 12-02-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 310796)

Me three...... :confused:

parker 12-02-2010 02:27 PM

The spare tire. Why isn't it the same size as the others? Also why no matching wheel like last years model? And why a cheaper brand tire than the others?

Steering wheel in way of instrument cluster. If I put the wheel where I like it it does hide the annoying green indicators for driving and marker lamps. I just have to duck a little once in a while to check speed.

Headlights flashing every time I open the door.

Wish the 430 would be on Ipod when I restart the vehicle instead of changing back to radio every time.

The spare is the only one of those that really gripes my behind.