Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Headlight problems! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/headlight-problems-15821.html)

kingtito 12-02-2010 08:06 PM

Headlight problems!

In the last two years I've had to replace my headlight bulbs 6 times!! The fogs twice!! It's not just one it's all of them, the left, then the right, then the left, then the fogs, etc etc... Is this normal?? I brought the best bulbs Advance Auto had! Why do my lights keep going out? Oh and my brake lights have been replaced once already too.. Is this common with jeeps? Does anyone else have this problem?

Oh, I drive a 05 WK V8...

Help please, even my lights in the climate controls have gone out once, the dealer replaced the whole unit. But now the others burned out too, one by one. The STEP button is out, and the SeatHeater button is out. :confused:

JRsmoothee 12-02-2010 08:23 PM

Re: Headlight problems!

did you touch the glass on the bulb with your fingers when you installed them??

kingtito 12-02-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRsmoothee (Post 311017)
did you touch the glass on the bulb with your fingers when you installed them??

maybe...:o

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-02-2010 08:30 PM

did you buy "ultra white" bulbs? if so that is very normal. they burn hotter and burn out really quick.

Scottina06 12-02-2010 08:35 PM

all above is true

kingtito 12-02-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 311020)
did you buy "ultra white" bulbs? if so that is very normal. they burn hotter and burn out really quick.

Yeah I did.. But man 6 in 2years! Now 7 cuz my rightside just went out today.:mad:

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-02-2010 08:56 PM

that is your problem, i used them in my WJ and got 6 months out of them and my brother had them in his corolla and got about 10 months. they are junk, go with either regular bulbs or consider an HID conversion.

kingtito 12-02-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 311031)
that is your problem, i used them in my WJ and got 6 months out of them and my brother had them in his corolla and got about 10 months. they are junk, go with either regular bulbs or consider an HID conversion.

Im guuna go the HID route! With all the money I waste on these sylvania ultra whites I should of gotten them by now! Thanks guys for the info.. What you guys recommend for HID's???

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-02-2010 11:22 PM

check out our vendor here, xenondepot they have the best sets available or you can do what a few members have done and do a whole 08+ front end conversion with OEM HIDs

GR33N D3M0N 12-02-2010 11:45 PM

DONT TOUCH THE GLASS ON THE BULBS!!!

ok, now that we got that out of the way, i have DDM tuning, just because im cheap, but id say go with Xenondepot, i hear nothing but great things about their kits...

InfernoRedHemi 12-02-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 311110)
check out our vendor here, xenondepot they have the best sets available or you can do what a few members have done and do a whole 08+ front end conversion with OEM HIDs

Are there specific kits for WKs or are they all just plug and play? Do they have kits for the fog lights also? And last question which kit would you recommend for the factory HID brightness look or best road lighting in all weather. Sorry I wanted to send these questions to xenondepot but I don't have enough posts =(.

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-03-2010 12:07 AM

4300k for the brightest light 5000k for the best looking light. send xenondepot a pm for exact info.