Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Passenger high beam (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/passenger-high-beam-15835.html)

chance 12-03-2010 07:29 AM

Passenger high beam

I have a 2006 Grand Cherokee, 3.7L v6.

My passenger high beam seems to not work and it is not the bulb.

What do you guys think the problem could be? I am at work right now so don't have a lot of time to take a peek under the hood.

Thanks guys.

jes_96 12-03-2010 10:22 AM

Re: Passenger high beam

Never had the problem on my Jeep, but my Dakota had a similar problem. Turned out, it was a fuse. The low beams were on one fuse, but each (driver and passenger side) high beam was on a separate fuse. Might be a long shot, but couldn't hurt to check out the fuses.

chance 12-03-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jes_96 (Post 311255)
Never had the problem on my Jeep, but my Dakota had a similar problem. Turned out, it was a fuse. The low beams were on one fuse, but each (driver and passenger side) high beam was on a separate fuse. Might be a long shot, but couldn't hurt to check out the fuses.

Alright, I will take a look soon. Thank you.

2005JGC 12-04-2010 02:04 AM

Im sorry but you probably have a front control module problem... I just had a pt cruiser like a month ago, I just double checked the schematics for this to verify it could be the same concern, but each individual high and low beam head lamp bulb has its own driver in the FCM. If you dont have power to the headlamp, check for continuity from the connector on the bottom of the FCM to the headlamp connector, check for continuity to ground too jiggle the harness while monitoring the 2 previous stated measurements. If all checks out you need a front control module... sorry.

According to the schematic there is no fuse, the point of a fuse is circuit protection, and according to the schematics it has lamp "drivers" and drivers usually have circuit protection built in, if there short it can shut off the specific driver. Not to say for sure there is not, so check them anyway.

chance 12-18-2010 01:08 PM

Where can I find a Front Control Module, I cant find one online.

Does anyone know where I could find one?

Thanks

Scottina06 12-18-2010 01:10 PM

to buy? Or do you mean the location of it in the Jeep?

chance 12-18-2010 01:16 PM

To buy

2005JGC 12-18-2010 10:20 PM

your best bet is going to be bringing it to a dealer and have them sort it out... Off the top of my head I cannot remember what it was I needed to setup, or settings I needed to change, but if my memory serves me I needed to set something up last time I did one.

I wanna say the one in the pt cruiser ended up costing about 650 bucks parts and labor iirc.