Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Impressions after first test drive in JGC Overland. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/impressions-after-first-test-drive-in-jgc-overland-15849.html)

Kingsize 12-03-2010 01:47 PM

Impressions after first test drive in JGC Overland.

Well it was fantastic. My wife and I are extremely impressed with the ergonomics of the WK2. Our Acadia has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in, the Overland was an absloute joy to stay seated in for an extended test drive. The visability is way better around the pillars and through all mirrors. The ride was as smooth as I would have expected, and road noise was almost non-exsistant. We were impressed. It's not common for a vehicle to have great exterior and interior looks along with a well assembled, ergonomic, and thought out interior layout. I think Jeep hit a homerun for the most part and designed a nice JGC.

Now all we have to do is find a dealer that is willing to play ball on the purchase price. We are talking to three dealers now.... We'll see who gives us the better deal.

Jason

Scottina06 12-03-2010 02:03 PM

Re: Impressions after first test drive in JGC Overland.

congrats on your decision!

Kingsize 12-03-2010 02:17 PM

To be honest... we were pretty confident anyway, but the test drive definately sealed the deal. Thanks though. :D

Nbtstatic 12-03-2010 02:21 PM

Sweet isnt it. Have any colors in mind yet?

Kingsize 12-03-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nbtstatic (Post 311382)
Sweet isnt it. Have any colors in mind yet?

Yea, I think the Black Metallic looks sick, but my wife want's Charcole Grey. We figured either one would be great. So ultimately it depends on who gives us a better deal.

SPAX1823 12-03-2010 03:51 PM

Good choice. That is what I am doing. I am dumping my Acadia for the Overland now. And btw I have the Black Crystal, really liked it the first time I checked it out. They just updated my delivery to 12/08. I am excited! :clap:

Nickoland 12-03-2010 03:54 PM

BTW, your worst deal should be invoice. Your best deal should be around invoice - 1% + $75.

Kingsize 12-03-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPAX1823 (Post 311433)
Good choice. That is what I am doing. I am dumping my Acadia for the Overland now. And btw I ahve the Black Crystal, really liked it the first time I checked it out. They just updated my delivery to 12/08. I am excited! :clap:

Awesome... You should be driving it soon then.

I really tried to like the Acadia but my body is screaming at me after 30 minutes of drive time. And, the overly numb steering feel makes it seem like you are driving in a video game. Hell I am getting more feedback from Gran Tor. 5 on my PS3 than from that POS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickoland (Post 311434)
BTW, your worst deal should be invoice. Your best deal should be around invoice - 1% + $75.

Thanks for the info.

bluethunderjeep 12-03-2010 04:53 PM

Excellent choice! Good luck; I hope you can make a deal you will be happy with.

Dave

rdalcanto 12-03-2010 06:08 PM

Join Tread Lightly. You will get a control number and be eligible for Preferred Pricing. You will pay 1% below invoice. No haggling.

Kingsize 12-03-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdalcanto (Post 311520)
Join Tread Lightly. You will get a control number and be eligible for Preferred Pricing. You will pay 1% below invoice. No haggling.

Done! Thank you for that bit of information. :thumbsup:

I guess no more :slapfight: LOL

GlowingGhoul 12-03-2010 08:13 PM

Just tell the dealer that if they'll give you $500 below invoice, they have a deal.

Take charge, make it clear they'll have a deal at YOUR number, and watch them jump on it.