Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   WK 3.7L Performance Options (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/wk-3-7l-performance-options-15850.html)

ckrawler 12-03-2010 01:51 PM

WK 2005-2010 3.7L Performance Options

What is out there. I have read about the Cold air intakes (CAI), cat back exhaust and bored throttle bodies. But what else is there?

Who is running the bored throttle body on their 3.7L? Do you think its worth the money? likes/dislikes?

And the big question is who does a programmer or tuner? I was surprised to see superchips 3875 programmer did not support the 3.7L. I have posted questions as to why, but im not getting anywhere. Anyone know of a company or why SC doesnt cover it?

2005-2010 3.7L performance info:

Cleanable air cleaners:
K&N part # 33-2233
AFE Part # 30-10072
Airaid 850-233 or 851-233

Cold Air Intakes (CAI):
K&N 57-1545 good for 7.5hp
Airaid : 310-205 or 311-205
Cheaper CAI intakes can be had for under 40.00 for the jeep liberty. They work on WK jeeps with a little modification. Try 4caroption.com

Throttle Bodies and spacers:
Poweraid TB spacer 310-618
Flyin Ryan performance bored throttle bodies 67mm+
***HERE***
Fastman Throttle Bodies **HERE**

Exhaust Systems:

Re-programming or tuners:
Anyone?

Braking, etc:
www.Wheelpros.net, great company for cross drilled and slotted rotors. I have used them for years. I just received slotted and cross drilled rotors zinc plated with ceramic pads. front and rear for under 200.00. :cool:

Transmission:
BBk makes a valve body, ?#
Blue top solenoids, Click ***HERE***

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-03-2010 04:55 PM

Re: WK 3.7L Performance Options

Oh boy this has been covered but a goodie to repeat again

Here's what's out there for the 3.7L

- PCM tune by MHP (It'll cost you a good chunk)
- I have the first version of the ported and polished throttle body without the bored blade and I gottta say it's increased my throttle response. no other significant changes and i never keep track of MPG's
- As far as other performance than what you have mentioned there isn't shit out there sorry to be blunt.

Spending the amount of money to gain 100 HP out of the 3.7 is not worth it for that you can buy the 5.7L and mod the crap out of that

but there are lots of other modifications you do non engine related ... such as blue top solenoids for crisper shifts ... you can do a lot to your suspension ... exterior and interior lighting and electronics

ckrawler 12-03-2010 05:05 PM

i agree its not worth the $$$ to make 100, but i dont mind doing intake, exhaust and programmer, but i dont want to get into heads, cams, etc.

The biggest problem is finding this info for the 3.7L. i have read for days and havent come up with much of anything.

Why dont we list what we have found and we could possibly make this a sticky. That way people such as myself dont repeat, repeat, repeat.

i will modify the first post with whatever info we come up with.

iJeep 12-03-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ BoNiOmArIo (Post 311465)
Oh boy this has been covered but a goodie to repeat again

Here's what's out there for the 3.7L

- PCM tune by MHP (It'll cost you a good chunk)
- I have the first version of the ported and polished throttle body without the bored blade and I gottta say it's increased my throttle response. no other significant changes and i never keep track of MPG's
- As far as other performance than what you have mentioned there isn't shit out there sorry to be blunt.

Spending the amount of money to gain 100 HP out of the 3.7 is not worth it for that you can buy the 5.7L and mod the crap out of that

but there are lots of other modifications you do non engine related ... such as blue top solenoids for crisper shifts ... you can do a lot to your suspension ... exterior and interior lighting and electronics

Hey DJ,
Do you have a link for the MHP PCM tuner for the 3.7? I can't find anything about it
Thanks

Scottina06 12-03-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iJeep (Post 311489)
Hey DJ,
Do you have a link for the MHP PCM tuner for the 3.7? I can't find anything about it
Thanks

Theres not a pcm "tuner" from MHP...you send your pcm to be modified:thumbsup:

iJeep 12-03-2010 05:44 PM

Is it worth it?

ckrawler 12-04-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iJeep (Post 311499)
Is it worth it?

I would also like to know. i have updated the first post. who has more info?

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-04-2010 12:35 PM

The SCT for the 3.7L is very specific, if you send your PCM number to Airram they'll be able to tell you if they can get one for you and load a tune ... mine was good to go so i had them send me one and it works

The MHP tune like Scott said you have to send in your PCM and they'll do all the mapping, which in my opinion is a one time shot and you can't de-tune it like the SCT but MHP knows what they're doing.

As far exhaust for the 3.7L don't have much experience Scott always says to ditch the muffler and keep the reso and that it sounds amazing

HID's by BajaHID or Xenondepot

for the CAI - do whta B.P.O.D. and I did, we bought a K&N took off the reso up top and bought a jeep liberty tube and connected that between the intake and throttle body. much better :D

FlyinRyan 12-09-2010 04:32 AM

PCM flashes suck

CAI, TB, exhaust, play with the IAT sensor by relocating it for a bump in timing

the 3.7 is based off the 4.7 motor, so most of the parts swap over. 3.7 cams can be reground etc etc etc.

BlackedOutWK 12-09-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ BoNiOmArIo (Post 311824)
for the CAI - do whta B.P.O.D. and I did, we bought a K&N took off the reso up top and bought a jeep liberty tube and connected that between the intake and throttle body. much better :D

where did you get your liberty tube from and how much was it if you dont mind me asking?

ckrawler 12-09-2010 06:09 PM

mine was 37.00

Scottina06 12-09-2010 06:17 PM

theres also fastman tb