Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/)
-   -   Genuine Working Class Rocky Mountain Edition WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/genuine-working-class-rocky-mountain-edition-wj-15858.html)

Towerman 12-03-2010 04:48 PM

Genuine Working Class Rocky Mountain Edition WJ

1 Attachment(s)
This is my work vehicle used to access the most remote and rural cell tower sites, microwave sites and radio astronomy collection sites on mountain tops, swamps, and any generally inaccessible site. 2004 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition. A rare picture of it somewhat clean!!
3 Navigation systems, (2 installed separately) to find sites by longitude and latitude since there are usually no roads per se to these locations. Interior laptop mount, skid plates, etc, etc...

Scottina06 12-03-2010 04:58 PM

Re: Genuine Working Class Rocky Mountain Edition WJ

cool ride!

Towerman 12-03-2010 05:13 PM

Thats a pretty sharp WK that you have!!

Asativa 12-03-2010 05:14 PM

well mine gets me to work and back 6 days a week, gets my daughter to all her stuff, allows me to do my volunteer work at the hospital during snow, and is my daily driver on the 100+ miles a day i drive, so ya im clicking PAYS THE BILLS!

D1rtyLegend 12-03-2010 05:14 PM

Tower, Do u have any interior pics? Would like to see the 3 Navis and laptop mount.

Towerman 12-03-2010 08:01 PM

Not a problem, I will try to take them over the weekend.

1 GRAND 12-03-2010 11:56 PM

How do you not drag off the bull bar mounts and side tube steps? My ZJ drags with a 5.5 inch lift and 32 inch tires here on tower and logging roads.

Towerman 12-04-2010 11:56 AM

Admittently, I have only a 2" lift and I take it pretty easy. If the ruts get too deep...well, that is where the hiking boots get useful. These trails get bulldozed about once every two years so even two winters worth of snow and ice take their tolls. That being said, I can still make it to about 95% of the sites that I have to get to. Seriously looking at replacing the bull bar and putting in a new bumper mounted winch on...

MSCA 12-04-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towerman (Post 311459)
3 Navigation systems, (2 installed separately) to find sites by longitude and latitude since there are usually no roads per se to these locations.

Okay, gotta ask-- why would you need more than one navigation system to find sites by longitude/latitude? My navigation system allows you to enter destinations by Lat/Lon points, not just street addresses.

Towerman 12-04-2010 12:30 PM

I have different systems to record RAD centers and the azimuth of antennas, AMSL (average mean above sea level) for 911 calls and finally...an M/S Streets and Trips on the laptop to see alternate routes where trails are washed out or blocked by snow for the season.