Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   New Owner, need help on upgrades (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/new-owner-need-help-on-upgrades-1587.html)

JeepNewbNJ 07-20-2009 09:05 PM

New Owner, need help on upgrades

What's up JeepGarage!

This is my first post and also my first Jeep. I will be taking ownership of a brand new 2009 Grand Cherokee 5.7L. I have already started to put together a rough list of upgrades.

CAI - Considering K&N 77 Series unless advised otherwise?
Wheels - Looking for SRT look, but want 20" black with a machined lip. Any suggestions out there.
Exhaust - Considering Magnaflow system?
Need suggestion on LED tails?

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

AcidCold 07-20-2009 09:08 PM

Re: New Owner, need help on upgrades

Don't forget a 4'' lift! :p

By the way, for a 5.7 i would go with a 3'' exhaust, Magnaflow is only 2.5 which you already have.

Scottina06 07-20-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepNewbNJ (Post 36290)
What's up JeepGarage!

This is my first post and also my first Jeep. I will be taking ownership of a brand new 2009 Grand Cherokee 5.7L. I have already started to put together a rough list of upgrades.

CAI - Considering K&N 77 Series unless advised otherwise?
Wheels - Looking for SRT look, but want 20" black with a machined lip. Any suggestions out there.
Exhaust - Considering Magnaflow system?
Need suggestion on LED tails?

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

CAI-Bwoody CAI-its the ONLY true CAI out for the 5.7-bwoodyperformance.com

wheels-ebay.com for the black SRT replicas or do a search on google for wheels sellers on the net. there are a bunch

exhaust-I would go custom to avoid the dreaded drone of some systems. but I have heard the MBRP exhaust is a nice, drone free exhaust.

LED tails-ebay.com and then have them tinted by our vendor Daniels tinted tails

Marlin 07-20-2009 10:16 PM

Welcome aboard buddy, plenty of info here to be shared...... not to mention opinions as you can see ^^^^^^ :)

LTrainGC 07-20-2009 10:21 PM

MBRP is drone free if you get a superchips or diablo predator and disable the MDS. That is what causes the nasty droning.

Megatron 07-20-2009 10:24 PM

Welcome.

Good choice in mods.

JeepNewbNJ 07-24-2009 06:07 PM

All great advice. Picked up my new 5.7 limited 2 days ago. Thanks.

Ordered some new shoes today and I should have them on by mid next week. I will put up pics. The guy at the shop warned me about LED tail light fit issues when not OEM. He offered to smoke the stock ones. Not crazy about that since I wanted LEDs similar to the ones on my FX45 (wife's car). Thoughts?

Haven't decided on CAI, Bwoody not as clean looking as K&N IMHO, but willing to disucss. Any good pics out there?

Also, want to swap my front grill. Don't like the chrome. Prefer black mesh of sorts. Thoughts?

Robert Palmer 07-24-2009 06:18 PM

Fit issues? WTF is he talking about? Get the LED's and have a shop wire them up for you (PM QBNKID. He had his wired at a shop in NJ).

Please do yourself a favor and get the Bwoody. IMHO it is the best CAI out there and I wish I had one on mine. I have a AirAid on now. Yeah it sounds badass but I would like a little lower IAT temp.

Bslagle05 07-24-2009 07:44 PM

Bwoody CAI and magnaflow exhaust... coming from a very happy owner of both. You can't beat the performance of a bwoody man. I would recommend getting the drycharger for the bwoody as well. I just put one on mine today.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Bro I have the LED tails tinted and they fit perfect, just like the OEM tails.