Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Wrong Radio in Vehicle (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/wrong-radio-in-vehicle-15881.html)

dowdy85 12-04-2010 10:49 AM

Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
My Overland was ordered with a 430N radio but I received the 730N instead. I didn't complain at first because I figured I got a free upgrade. With all of the issues I have been having with radio reception, I was wondering if anyone thought that this could be the root cause of poor radio reception. Is it worth me complaining at the dealer to get the 430N installed?

GlowingGhoul 12-04-2010 10:54 AM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
There's nothing inherently wrong with the 730N's radio reception. It's a superior (and more expensive) nav unit than the 430N.

If you have a problem, than have the dealer fix it (which may mean a replacement 730N), but IMHO switching the unit out for a 430N is nuts.

Asativa 12-04-2010 11:15 AM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
Agreed that would be crazy!

Technosavant 12-04-2010 11:17 AM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
I'm not sure how invasive a 730N/430N swap would be- there's more than just the head unit involved (namely, the 730N has the iPod cable in the lower center stack and the 430N has a USB port in the armrest console). I don't know what kind of radio reception issues you're having (if terrestrial radio, sounds like something that needs fixing, if the Sirius keeps saying "updating channels," it's a known glitch and a fix is forthcoming), but I don't think I'd bother swapping one out for the other. Especially if you got the 730N for free.

PMD G8 12-04-2010 11:32 AM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
When did you pick up your car? When was it built?

GatoLoco 12-10-2010 01:34 AM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
I can now see my window sticker online. I ordered it with the 430N and the sticker does say: Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV. So, no 730N substitution here.
Ordered: 10/16
Built: 12/02

DieselvRR 12-10-2010 07:22 AM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatoLoco (Post 315121)
I can now see my window sticker online. I ordered it with the 430N and the sticker does say: Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV. So, no 730N substitution here.
Ordered: 10/16
Built: 12/02


How do you see your window sticker online? Dealer Website?

GatoLoco 12-10-2010 09:05 PM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselvRR (Post 315162)
How do you see your window sticker online? Dealer Website?

Yes - Its on the dealer website now. Before, I just tried to type my VIN in the URL that gets those, but I had a few digits to the left of the "BC" wrong.

mandm1 12-26-2010 10:05 PM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 311793)
... if the Sirius keeps saying "updating channels," it's a known glitch and a fix is forthcoming ...

Technosavant, can you elaborate on the upcoming fix? I'm curious if this is a Chrysler or Sirius problem, and when the fix might be introduced, and by whom?

Thanks,
Mike

kgrencer 12-26-2010 11:29 PM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
I had bad reception and incorrect vehicle location showing up on my Nav, so I took my WK2 in. I have the 720 radio as well and they found that there is sound-deadening material lining the entire underside of the dashboard. That was not allowing the radio to find proper signal. They removed the factory cotton-like material over the top of the radio and perfect.

GCOverland 12-26-2010 11:51 PM

Re: Wrong Radio in Vehicle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrencer (Post 323668)
I had bad reception and incorrect vehicle location showing up on my Nav, so I took my WK2 in. I have the 720 radio as well and they found that there is sound-deadening material lining the entire underside of the dashboard. That was not allowing the radio to find proper signal. They removed the factory cotton-like material over the top of the radio and perfect.

All I can say is "WOW"...:eek:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community