Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Setting Garage Door Opener - Jeep 2011 G Cherokee with GENIE (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/setting-garage-door-opener-jeep-2011-g-cherokee-with-genie-15939.html)

Piotr 12-05-2010 10:45 PM

Setting Garage Door Opener - Jeep 2011 G Cherokee with GENIE

Any advise - I followed instructions from User Guide (GCherokee-2011) for programming HomeLink with my two GENIE garage door openers but no success.
Any advice?

wjs81866 12-05-2010 11:07 PM

Re: Setting Garage Door Opener - Jeep 2011 G Cherokee with BENIE

I couldn't get mine to work using the instructions. I took the transmitter and held it close to the homelink button and pushed and held both until the homelink button started blinking fast. Then it started working. Instructions were either wrong or something

nek121328 12-05-2010 11:23 PM

Re: Setting Garage Door Opener - Jeep 2011 G Cherokee with BENIE

No luck what so ever with mine.

Radside 12-05-2010 11:55 PM

Re: Setting Garage Door Opener - Jeep 2011 G Cherokee with GENIE

I followed the instructions from my garage door opener for adding a clicker and it worked. The instructions in the GC user manual did not work for me..

moosehead 12-06-2010 12:17 AM

this seems to work most attempts:

1) clear codes by holding homelink buttons 1 and 3 down for a few seconds
2) push learning button on garage door opener, within 30 seconds push garage door remote button and desired homelink button in wk2 simulataneously for a few seconds (hold garage remote near wk2 homelink button while doing this)
3) repeat #2 above
4) homelink button should work

Bmwister 12-06-2010 12:23 AM

I have a Genie with rolling codes and had the same problem but finally figured it out.

The Genie solution:
1. Start the vehicle or make sure ignition is in Run position.

2. Erase all old codes by holding button 1 and 3 together 20-30sec until you get the flashing confirmation. Same as what your documentation states.

3. Hold your handheld garage door opener remote directly in front of the Homelink. The distance should be a couple inches. (You cannot use the "learn" button on the opener itself just yet).

4. Hold down the button for your garage remote while simultaneously pressing the Homelink button you want and keep holding both until you get the fast confirmation flash (~30secs +/-). This teaches the Homelink button the frequency range for the rolling codes. You HAVE TO USE YOUR GARAGE REMOTE for steps 3&4! Now you are ready to program the Homelink with the "learn" button on the opener unit in the garage.

5. Press the "learn" button on the opener unit inside your garage. You have ~30secs to get back into your Jeep and press and hold the corresponding button you pressed in the previous step. Your garage door should now begin to close after the button is programmed. Step 5 is the same instruction you have in your documentation.

I am doing this from my tired memory, but it's what I recall I had to do with my Genie unit to get it to work. This didn't need to be done on my other cars so I don't know what Homelink changed (it's NOT Jeep's fault).
Please let me know if this does or does not work. The trick is getting the Homelink button to first learn the frequency range for the Genie rolling codes.

IndyBob 12-06-2010 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr (Post 312629)
Any advise - I followed instructions from User Guide (GCherokee-2011) for programming HomeLink with my two GENIE garage door openers but no success.
Any advice?

If you still have problems here is the link to the HomeLink site. That is what I used to program mine. Pretty much the same as what BMWISTER said.

robg 12-06-2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwister (Post 312676)
I have a Genie with rolling codes and had the same problem but finally figured it out.

The Genie solution:
1. Start the vehicle or make sure ignition is in Run position.

2. Erase all old codes by holding button 1 and 3 together 20-30sec until you get the flashing confirmation. Same as what your documentation states.

3. Hold your handheld garage door opener remote directly in front of the Homelink. The distance should be a couple inches. (You cannot use the "learn" button on the opener itself just yet).

4. Hold down the button for your garage remote while simultaneously pressing the Homelink button you want and keep holding both until you get the fast confirmation flash (~30secs +/-). This teaches the Homelink button the frequency range for the rolling codes. You HAVE TO USE YOUR GARAGE REMOTE for steps 3&4! Now you are ready to program the Homelink with the "learn" button on the opener unit in the garage.

5. Press the "learn" button on the opener unit inside your garage. You have ~30secs to get back into your Jeep and press and hold the corresponding button you pressed in the previous step. Your garage door should now begin to close after the button is programmed. Step 5 is the same instruction you have in your documentation.

I am doing this from my tired memory, but it's what I recall I had to do with my Genie unit to get it to work. This didn't need to be done on my other cars so I don't know what Homelink changed (it's NOT Jeep's fault).
Please let me know if this does or does not work. The trick is getting the Homelink button to first learn the frequency range for the Genie rolling codes.

^^^ This is correct. I just did it the same way yesterday and it worked perfectly. The instructions could be clearer, but I think they want EVERYONE to use the remote to first program the freq range... THEN if you have rolling codes you also need to use the "learn" button for the last step.

wjs81866 12-06-2010 03:22 PM

Just hold the remote button and the homelink button at the same time until it flashes fast. The instructions in the manual will not work fro every unit out there.

JohnS 12-06-2010 04:43 PM

I had problems programming mine. I just kept alternating between using the handheld remote and the 'learn' button on the opener unit, and it finally worked.:cool:

BEERnALE 12-26-2010 08:26 AM

Finally had the time to try to set my WK2 garage door opener.

Standard method wasn’t working.

Walked into the house... Sat down at my computer... Visited JeepGarage.org... And Voilà!!!

I love this friggin’ site! :)

Rudyk 04-17-2011 12:31 PM

also learned this valuable lesson -- always come to JeepGarage FIRST!

the trouble and frustration I suffered trying to follow, Jeep's, HomeLink's and others' instruction was solved by coming here and reading this thread and 45 seconds later, my Homelink was programmed. sigh...

this place is invaluable!