Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   send/receive text (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/send-receive-text-15977.html)

kmccarty 12-07-2010 10:20 AM

send/receive text

I have a 2011 Overland Grand Cherokee Hemi with Saddle interior...love it! I am having some problems with the uconnect texting feature and my Iphone 3gs. My radio/nav code in bottom right corner is RHB. I have also tried to send/receive sms with the new windows7 HTC phone. It just sends back an error message with both phones. Does any one know if there is anything I can do to make it work? Customer service at Uconnect said its a firmware issue with my phones. Does any one also know a list of phones that will work?
I also can not always get the usb in the center console to read my Iphone. I keep unpluging and retrying and eventually it will, is this normal?

Radside 12-07-2010 04:19 PM

Re: send/receive text

Welcome and join the club. There are lots of us with similar probs. iPhone connectivity is intermittent and SMS just does not work yet.

JoeSchmoe007 12-07-2010 05:14 PM

Search this and parent forums for "iphone". I think new software release is expected in Jan 2011 that is supposed to fix Iphone problems and implement support for texting. I haven't paid much attention to this myself b/c I don't have iPhone and don't care about texting

Ivan 12-19-2010 07:50 AM

I read at the Jeep website that there's a TSB regarding this and other issues w the IPhone. Jeep says that Apple is working w them on a solution. In the meantime it would be a good idea to update the phone firmware and keep an eye on fw updates from Jeep.

Mashie 12-22-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmccarty (Post 313225)
I have a 2011 Overland Grand Cherokee Hemi with Saddle interior...love it! I am having some problems with the uconnect texting feature and my Iphone 3gs. My radio/nav code in bottom right corner is RHB. I have also tried to send/receive sms with the new windows7 HTC phone. It just sends back an error message with both phones. Does any one know if there is anything I can do to make it work? Customer service at Uconnect said its a firmware issue with my phones. Does any one also know a list of phones that will work?
I also can not always get the usb in the center console to read my Iphone. I keep unpluging and retrying and eventually it will, is this normal?

Just a heads up on this. I have had my W2K with the 430N (Garmin) system for just about a week now and I have tested sending/receiving txt with my Windows 7 Phone (Samsung Focus) and it is working fine.

When a TXT comes it it alerts me that I have a new TXT message from sender name and I followed the prompts and it read me the message. Same for sending one for the predetermined messages that are in the system.

dnizzle2010 01-04-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmccarty (Post 313225)

If you register on the Jeep website for owners, they have 2 files that may be of interest to you, 1) "AppleŽ Phone and iPod Compatibility Test Results" and 2) "Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Test Results"

Unfortunately I can't post it directly to you b/c the site is having issues with this specific link.

- Go to www.jeep.com
- Click on "for Owners" at the top
- After logged in, head to area "Operating my Vehicle" in center of page, the file you are looking for may be located in this spot

BadLuck 01-21-2011 04:57 PM

Is there any update on this? The two links in the above post don't work on the jeep website. With my iPhone, I will recieve a text (it does'nt say it on the radio, but I will hear my phone) and then say sms to the 430n, and it will ask to read my 10 old messages. For some reason it does not see the new message.

Cperez 01-21-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadLuck (Post 339188)
Is there any update on this? The two links in the above post don't work on the jeep website. With my iPhone, I will recieve a text (it does'nt say it on the radio, but I will hear my phone) and then say sms to the 430n, and it will ask to read my 10 old messages. For some reason it does not see the new message.

Sounds like you've gotten further than I ever did if you're getting it to read old messages. I pretty much moved on after hearing that it was squirrelly with iPhone4's and after I tried and failed to send a text. I will do some more experimenting.

BadLuck 01-21-2011 11:04 PM

I still have the iPhone 3G, I'm just eligible for an upgrade so I want to wait for the new one that usually comes out in July. Anyway, on the jeep website that shows compatible phones, the iPhone 4 is not compatible yet with a lot of the features of the radio. Where the 3G and 3GS is compatible

TNLHGR 02-10-2011 08:59 AM

Just joined cuz i am thrilled with my 2011 GC Limited and still exploring all the techy gizmos. I have been unbable to use the sms text feature with wifes phone, but have not tried yet with my Blackberry - all other phone features work. Any success with Blackberry?

BadLuck 02-10-2011 09:03 AM

Still the same with the iPhone, I assume unless there is a software update for either the jeep or the phone there will be no progress.
Welcome to the forum and good luck

dnizzle2010 05-12-2011 07:42 PM

Has anyone found a way to get any blackberry device working with the 730n for SMS TEXTING?? Mine has not worked yet, I'd love to get it to work.