Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - ZJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f78/)
-   -   300K Club? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f78/300k-club-16012.html)

mhansen2 12-07-2010 11:30 PM

300K Club?
 
Does anyone have 300,000 miles on their ZJ? I'm rapidly approaching that mark with 298,050 miles with the original engine. I bought my Jeep new in 1993 and have been off-roading in nine states.

Knightrider03m 12-08-2010 01:52 AM

Re: 300K Club?
 
The highest that I was able to go on my ZJ was 195K.... baby miles compared to some of the ZJs that I have seen

1 GRAND 12-08-2010 09:42 PM

Re: 300K Club?
 
My old blue Jeep has well over 300,000. I need to get a pic of it and put it up. It is a real trooper and the miles have been hard. It has had a tranny and is most likely going to need another one soon. It is slipping when cold. I can't really justify the price to replace it because the old Jeep isn't really worth it. I just give 1000 bucks for it years ago with the rearend out. I love it though and do not want to see it just go to waste. I guess when it breaks I will just keep fixing it lol. I have been toying with the idea of painting it OD green and putting a big white star on the hood.

SRTgirl 12-09-2010 11:10 AM

Re: 300K Club?
 
Wow, 300k! That's freakin awesome! I don't have the attention span to keep a car around that long! Our zj had 140k when we sold it but only 50 or so of that was from us.

SRTILL8 12-09-2010 11:26 AM

Re: 300K Club?
 
my zj had 198K on it before she crashed last month...that was my snow beater car. my xj has paused on 140K for the last 6 yrs or so.

01grand 12-17-2010 03:24 PM

Re: 300K Club?
 
1 Attachment(s)
I only made 210,000 miles on my old ZJ, the engine was still in great shape but the rest of it wasnt worth the cost of replacing/rebuilding the tranny.

jimmy vegas 12-22-2010 06:46 AM

Re: 300K Club?
 
well my man that is awsome,,i feel better about mine now ,been worried i messed up buying this thing ,,it is a 98 5.9 with 170000,,it runs realy strong trans seems very good but still worry , i know were a trans is out of a 93 94 6cl grand with transfercase hes asking 8 for it but 6 would take them home anyway congrats man,,feels wierd telling someone congrats on haveing a ton of miles on their rig anyway good luck,,

1 GRAND 12-22-2010 10:06 PM

Re: 300K Club?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy vegas (Post 321687)
well my man that is awsome,,i feel better about mine now ,been worried i messed up buying this thing ,,it is a 98 5.9 with 170000,,it runs realy strong trans seems very good but still worry , i know were a trans is out of a 93 94 6cl grand with transfercase hes asking 8 for it but 6 would take them home anyway congrats man,,feels wierd telling someone congrats on haveing a ton of miles on their rig anyway good luck,,


If your tranny does go out on the 5.9, one out of a 6cyl will not work.

jimmy vegas 12-22-2010 10:50 PM

Re: 300K Club?
 
i was saying for him but i think ,no actualy preety sure the 242 came in a 6cl and they will go in a 5.9 with minor minor change,, i have not done this and am new to jeep world but have read many examples of this swap to gain 2wheel dr ,, gain mpg and wheel horespower, dont no if the 231 will work in a 5.9 but for sure the 242 will go,, 5.9s came with 249 which doesnt have 2wd just allwheel and 4wheel,,,just some fyi ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY BAD MAN I THOUGHT YOU SAID THE TRANSFERCASE WONT WORK YES I KNOW I HAVE AN ODD BALL TRANS ,,,DO HAVE SOME ???????????S IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING THANKS,,,AGIN SORRY FOR THE WHOLE TRCASE STORRY

1 GRAND 12-23-2010 03:09 PM

Re: 300K Club?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy vegas (Post 322166)
i was saying for him but i think ,no actualy preety sure the 242 came in a 6cl and they will go in a 5.9 with minor minor change,, i have not done this and am new to jeep world but have read many examples of this swap to gain 2wheel dr ,, gain mpg and wheel horespower, dont no if the 231 will work in a 5.9 but for sure the 242 will go,, 5.9s came with 249 which doesnt have 2wd just allwheel and 4wheel,,,just some fyi ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY BAD MAN I THOUGHT YOU SAID THE TRANSFERCASE WONT WORK YES I KNOW I HAVE AN ODD BALL TRANS ,,,DO HAVE SOME ???????????S IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING THANKS,,,AGIN SORRY FOR THE WHOLE TRCASE STORRY

You are right on the transfer case. I would love to do the swap on mine, but want to keep the 98 all original. What questions do you have?

jimmy vegas 12-24-2010 04:08 AM

Re: 300K Club?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 GRAND (Post 322495)
You are right on the transfer case. I would love to do the swap on mine, but want to keep the 98 all original. What questions do you have?

please pm me back ,,ok do 99 viper 1.7 rockers bolt on heard they do ,,aint hte 5.2 cam a little taller by like 20 or 30 thou ,,read the 5.2 heads have larger ports not sure on that ,,do you know anything about the 3875 heard it gives 60ftlb and 47hp are mustang injectors the only ones i can get used that fit did any trucks come with 24s or 30s ,,and didnt rams have a 2400 stall in the 2wheel drive i have a part # but dont know what it came in to call junk yard,who does trottle body exchange ,want mine larger say 52 or3 ,,does the 99 ram sport rims fit prob bigger pat? and is 410 and 56 the only gear ops for this thing want 430s have more but its 4am here and cant think straight,,,anyway just wana know of any part that swaps out thanks ,,,ive only had this thing a week ,,but i got to know everything about stuff ,,im like the robot fr short circut ( I NEED INPU IIIIINPUT) if you know what i am talking about you laughted if not google it ,,im gonna take of all my skid plates that came with tow pak so if anybody wants them :thumbsup:

94jeepZJ 01-02-2011 08:59 PM

Re: 300K Club?
 
im almost there i have a 1994 jeep zj with 216k on it still running good im hoping to get it to 300k and more before a new motor goes in it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community