Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Nav 730N Blank Screen (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/nav-730n-blank-screen-16022.html)

jstfly 12-08-2010 09:24 AM

Nav 730N Blank Screen

Hi Everyone,

just started the Jeep this morning it was -10C and the Nav Screen was blank. Everything was working however no screen. I could even press the screen and change settings but I could not see anything. Any help would be great.

Radside 12-08-2010 01:02 PM

Re: Nav 730N Blank Screen

Did you try the obvious like power cycling the unit or restarting the car? I have a 730 in my JK and it has been tempermental over the years. Turning it off and on usually fixed most of the gremelins. Not much more to offer other than pulling the radio fuse to allow it to reset.

jstfly 12-09-2010 03:04 PM

Went back out last night and started the vehicle and it was working again.

Thanks

NYCSRTATE 12-09-2010 06:22 PM

This just happened to me after I left it outside overnight, it dropped to 25 degrees last night. I usually have it in the garage. Pulled the radio fuse, reinstalled and it worked again.

I'll be bringing this up when it goes for service because this to me is unacceptable.

This happen to anyone else in cold weather climates? Please post and let us know as this may be a defect with some RER units.

Slusse 03-11-2011 08:40 PM

This happened to me the other night. Was driving home from the airport and all of the sudden the Nav screen just went blank! I could still change stations etc..just a big black blank screen. When i started the car again in the morning it was fine. I have an Overland with the 730N.

plynn7 03-12-2011 07:26 AM

Something similar happens to me with my 730RER, the radio turns itself off, goes to a black screen for a few seconds and then comes back on. It has happened several times and the dealer has said there maybe a power issue with it, they are gonna check it out. Heres a thought, if the 730 RER is bad and has to be replaced, what would Jeep give me, since the RER is no longer used. Would it be replaced with the 730 RHR under warrenty?

litespeedz 03-12-2011 01:11 PM

Mine also goes blank and restarts randomly. My old TL with Navi unit did the same thing and was never diagnosed. They usually need to see it to know where to look. I doubt you would get a RHR. The warranty policy clearly states they have the option to replace defective parts with refurbished/remanufactured ones. The RER has been around forever. They will probably have refurbished units available for years.

Sameyeyam 12-05-2011 07:10 PM

Similar goofiness on my 2011 with 730 RHR this morning. Went to pop in a music CD for the first time and screen went blank after it closed. CD played and I could get things music to change touching the screen but it stayed blank. Tried rebooting a few times with no luck. Let it sit for an hour and all is well. Anyone else have this issue with RHR? Only have 800 miles on vehicle! I'll have dealer check it out but thought I'd ask real folks first :)

GeorgeMD 12-06-2011 01:49 PM

The same glitch with my 730 RHR (2011 Overland). A few days ago when I was driving the screen went blank and and then comes back on.