Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Technology Package Pictures (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/technology-package-pictures-16108.html)

JEEF 12-09-2010 11:17 PM

Technology Package Pictures
 
6 Attachment(s)
Here are some Tech Pkg pics.

Jeff_Jeske 12-10-2010 12:20 AM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
I just don't think I need something like that. I'm curious how much use you'll get from it.

Either way thanks for the pics and congrats on the new rig!

Scottina06 12-10-2010 12:40 AM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
cool pics! Thanks!

acjr 12-10-2010 07:46 AM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
good pics. evic seems great. do any warning/flashing lights appear on windshield with collission warning? (like Ford's system) thx

foggy 12-10-2010 08:25 AM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acjr (Post 315163)
good pics. evic seems great. do any warning/flashing lights appear on windshield with collission warning? (like Ford's system) thx

I have the tech package too. All messages are on the EVIC, or the triangles on the mirrors. The timing on the EVIC displays seems very well executed, so you know what is going on. It's all quite intuitive after you operate a few times. Also, any heavy braking is felt which also serves to warn the driver. It's operates very smoothly and it's quite seamless and well executed IMO. You do need to experience it! Pretty slick.

Yesterday I had a car pass me in the left lane and too quickly cut in front of me and quickly slow down to make a right exit (big jerk). The ACC braked my vehicle smoothly to avoid close call and allow the other guy to exit. After the other (jerk) vehicle exited got out of my lane, the JGC sped up to the cruise setting very smoothly. Impressive.

OH....and there is no head-up display on the windshield. I had that in my past Acadia....it was a nice feature. The EVIC seems to work fine tho...IMO.

Nickoland 12-10-2010 10:08 AM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
To it looks like any sort of off roading or even slamming into snow pack (on purpose) is gonna crack or break that front sensor, needs a steel cage.

DAVY27 12-10-2010 10:11 AM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
nice pics!

JEEF 12-10-2010 06:43 PM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske (Post 315090)
I just don't think I need something like that. I'm curious how much use you'll get from it.

Either way thanks for the pics and congrats on the new rig!

Thanks! I think all this new technology is like having heated seats. Don't need them or want them until you don't have them. I'm impressed with the ACC and Blind Spot.

JEEF 12-10-2010 06:49 PM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 315098)
cool pics! Thanks!

No prob! Wait until you see my Carbon Fiber Bezel pics! Give me a couple days..

JEEF 12-10-2010 06:54 PM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acjr (Post 315163)
good pics. evic seems great. do any warning/flashing lights appear on windshield with collission warning? (like Ford's system) thx

Nope, in the EVIC a very brief BRAKE signal pops up and there is a brief warning beep. Too hard to get that picture...lol

IndyBob 12-11-2010 04:19 AM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
Is there a way to test or see the FCW work? My ACC works great but I guess I don't understand how or when the FCW is supposed to work.

Does it only work when the ACC is on and or engaged? I have tried coming up behind a stopped car without touching the brakes but nothing happens and at the last second I apply the brakes to keep from running into the back of the stopped car. The owners manual does not seem to tell me much.

Bob

JEEF 12-11-2010 09:13 AM

Re: Technology Package Pictures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBob (Post 315636)
Is there a way to test or see the FCW work? My ACC works great but I guess I don't understand how or when the FCW is supposed to work.

Does it only work when the ACC is on and or engaged? I have tried coming up behind a stopped car without touching the brakes but nothing happens and at the last second I apply the brakes to keep from running into the back of the stopped car. The owners manual does not seem to tell me much.

Bob

Congrats on the new Jeep IndyBob! During my 3k miles so far the FCW has only gone off twice. Once some dummy slammed the brakes to make a last sec. turn and the other time was during a sharp turn with a mail box just off the road. Both times I was going around 50mph. So maybe speed has something to do with it.

Make a snowman this weekend and run it over at high speed, see if that works.. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community