Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Anyone have the Corsa exhaust system yet? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/anyone-have-the-corsa-exhaust-system-yet-16144.html)

J13ntv 12-11-2010 12:32 AM

Anyone have the Corsa exhaust system yet?

I know one member has the Borla system installed which still is not for sale yet to the general public, but noticed that Corsa system is readily available to consumers. Just curious if anyone out there has the catback system, or maybe ordered it? SummitRacing has it available by phone (not yet available on the web) and the MSRP for Corsa is 1899, being sold by Summit for 1569 plus they have a 15% off coupon good through 12/17. I am being tempted to order the system, it sounds pretty good imo I just would like to hear members feedback if available.

wk2overland 12-11-2010 08:20 AM

Re: Anyone have the Corsa exhaust system yet?

i'm thinkin about ditchin the magnaflow for it...
if i do, i'll let ya know. sounds the best out of the three, IMO.

moosehead 12-11-2010 11:42 AM

wk20, what don't you like about the magnaflow?

borla is excellent, though you know it's there. wife thinks it's too loud and asks if it can be "fixed". driver loves it. YMMV.

wk2overland 12-11-2010 12:20 PM

i want more noise. the magnaflow is great, but is tame compared to the clips ive heard of the corsa and borla.

i too will be scolded by the more responsible half, but i'll take my beating in order to enjoy it.

moosehead 12-11-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wk2overland (Post 315735)
i want more noise. the magnaflow is great, but is tame compared to the clips ive heard of the corsa and borla.

i too will be scolded by the more responsible half, but i'll take my beating in order to enjoy it.

will try to post clips at WOT streetside and in cabin. figure the chance of hitting wildlife goes down with the advance rumble warning bambi.

irony, is the kids were lulled to sleep with the low purring of the pipes. wife just wouldn't let me turn up the music.

j13ntv, i owe you a few hundred beers for the referral to borla, thanks a ton.

J13ntv 12-11-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 315738)
j13ntv, i owe you a few hundred beers for the referral to borla, thanks a ton.

lol, your welcome. I also found Wk20 who went to Bwoody to mock up the CAI and whatever else may fit but I haven't heard anything about the results and availability of the CAI and that was a few months ago. If I were closer to any of them I would have loved to go but obvious MD for Bwoody, CA for Borla, and OH for Corsa is just to far of a stretch from Long Island. Glad we could get some members in there to be one of the first.

P.S. Was the borla system free or did you pay for material? Either way, still a great gig!

troutangler 02-16-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

magnaflow mufflers I have dynomax cat-back exhaust system, it was a good buy.
pm sent Im interested