Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   LockPick on 2011 GC 430N (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/lockpick-on-2011-gc-430n-16149.html)

IndyBob 12-11-2010 10:14 AM

LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
Well I got the LockPick installed on my Overland and I works, kind of.:confused:

Good:

I can watch a DVD while in motion.

I can use the backup camera without running the extra power wire.:D

Bad:

I can not input addresses or other grayed out stuff into the NAV while in motion which is the main reason I got it.

I have checked and re-checked the DIP switches and they are correct according to the instructions.

1-2-3 are down and 4-5 up.

Any thoughts from anyone who has it working?

I will send Coastal an email and see what they say.

Radside 12-11-2010 11:34 AM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
I'm sorry to hear that. I had the same issues with an older version of the lock pick on my 430N. Hopefully Coastaletech has a solution. I take it resetting/restarting didn't fix the prob.


Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBob (Post 315683)
Well I got the LockPick installed on my Overland and I works, kind of.:confused:

Good:

I can watch a DVD while in motion.

I can use the backup camera without running the extra power wire.:D

Bad:

I can not input addresses or other grayed out stuff into the NAV while in motion which is the main reason I got it.

I have checked and re-checked the DIP switches and they are correct according to the instructions.

1-2-3 are down and 4-5 up.

Any thoughts from anyone who has it working?

I will send Coastal an email and see what they say.


Plasticar 12-11-2010 11:57 AM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
Damn... Hopefully they will come out with a firmware update to fix it. :mad:

Plasticar 12-11-2010 12:18 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
Bob,

Looks like there may be an update that *might* fix the issue:

http://www.coastaletech.com/usbupdate.htm

Chrysler Dodge Jeep MYGIG LOCKPICK V3 download available below:
VERSION 1.8 is available now ***** (not for Mygig Adapter or REC Lockpick)
11/21/2010 Version 1.8 New software now available for Mygig Lockpick compatibility with new 2011 RBH navigation radios. Also includes misc. updates for REN navigation radios.

IndyBob 12-11-2010 12:19 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
I went thorough the re-set option but still no go. Another member said he had it working but he has a 730N I believe.

I don't look for a response from Coastal until Monday. I will post what I find out.

IndyBob 12-11-2010 12:22 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plasticar (Post 315732)
Bob,

Looks like there may be an update that *might* fix the issue:

http://www.coastaletech.com/usbupdate.htm

Chrysler Dodge Jeep MYGIG LOCKPICK V3 download available below:
VERSION 1.8 is available now ***** (not for Mygig Adapter or REC Lockpick)
11/21/2010 Version 1.8 New software now available for Mygig Lockpick compatibility with new 2011 RBH navigation radios. Also includes misc. updates for REN navigation radios.

I will see if that works. firing up the laptop now to get the download.

I will keep you posted.

IndyBob 12-11-2010 12:42 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
Well, good try but it was the same version I had. I guess we wait for tech support.

Plasticar 12-11-2010 12:52 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
Hmmm... Not good. I was hoping you had earlier firmware in your lockpick. :mad:

IndyBob 12-11-2010 02:57 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
I just got a call from Coastal in regards to my email about no NAV input while in motion.

First off, that is great customer support! A couple of hours after I sent an email, on a Saturday and they call me back.:)

Now the results.

There are aware that the NAV in the 430N RHB will not accept input while in motion with the LockPick V3 but they are just finished with an update and are in testing mode now. If all goes well there should be an update on their site in the next few days.

The tech I spoke with said he does not see any problems with the update at this time so I will be checking the update site next week.

As a side note he did say that on the 2011 GC the backup camera is powered and no extra wire is needed. That is indeed what I found.

Bob

Radside 12-11-2010 03:15 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
IndyBob, thanks for taking the plunge and being the beta tester for all us 430N users. I'll be getting one of these as soon as the update fixes the Nav input in motion issue.. +1 on your rep!

jonesark 12-11-2010 04:47 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radside (Post 315801)
IndyBob, thanks for taking the plunge and being the beta tester for all us 430N users. I'll be getting one of these as soon as the update fixes the Nav input in motion issue.. +1 on your rep!

X2

Plasticar 12-11-2010 08:12 PM

Re: LockPick on 2011 GC 430N
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radside (Post 315801)
IndyBob, thanks for taking the plunge and being the beta tester for all us 430N users. I'll be getting one of these as soon as the update fixes the Nav input in motion issue.. +1 on your rep!

X3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community