Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Saddle not available w/o summit????? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/saddle-not-available-w-o-summit-16155.html)

Danco 12-11-2010 01:43 PM

Saddle not available w/o summit?????

After hearing that the RHR is now available to order (thanks Milous) I ran to put my order in. Unfortunatly, dealership told me that saddle is no longer an option and is only available on the Summit. He even showed this to me on his ordering system.

Anyone have info on this?

Danco 12-11-2010 04:54 PM

Re: Saddle not available w/o summit?????

Bump. Anyone?

Scottina06 12-11-2010 04:57 PM

saddle is available on any Overland

Milous 12-11-2010 05:11 PM

I just checked the dealer order system, and Saddle comes up as grayed out when trying to order a non-Summit Overland. I believe that the reason is due to materials restriction, that all of the allocation is going to be dedicated to the Summit package for awhile.

talongs 12-11-2010 05:14 PM

Holy crap! Glad I found the one I did last week. Maybe I have some rare collectible Jeep now!

Cperez 12-11-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 315891)
I just checked the dealer order system, and Saddle comes up as grayed out when trying to order a non-Summit Overland. I believe that the reason is due to materials restriction, that all of the allocation is going to be dedicated to the Summit package for awhile.

Thanks for the update on that.

No snarkiness intended, but I would fascinated by the backstory on how things like this happen. Brand new model, big advertising push, late availability feature guaranteed to ratchet up interest and demand, and then this type of shortage in one of the most logistically sophisticated manufacturing industries in the world. Breakdown at the supplier? QA issues? Unexpected backlash from PETA? Discovery HD should create a new series to reveal the stories behind these situations.

Regular Overland owners who managed to score saddle interiors suddenly have collector's items in their garages!! Cool.

Milous 12-11-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 315903)
No snarkiness intended, but I would fascinated by the backstory on how things like this happen...

It's like "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" - it's almost impossible to keep up with all the changes that go on, and also very confusing as there is a lot of conflicting information within the Chrysler computer system, and the information changes all the time.

Tomorrow, Saddle could be available on non Summit packages, or it could be a week or two, impossible to predict as even Chrysler seems to be confused at times!

Danco 12-11-2010 05:30 PM

Thanks. I waited this long to order I can wait another week or two. I just hope I get this thing before by current lease is up march 1.

Lingohocken 12-11-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 315905)
It's like "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" - it's almost impossible to keep up with all the changes that go on, and also very confusing as there is a lot of conflicting information within the Chrysler computer system, and the information changes all the time.

Tomorrow, Saddle could be available on non Summit packages, or it could be a week or two, impossible to predict as even Chrysler seems to be confused at times!

Milous, do you feel these erratic changes are teething problems from changed ownership ramping up? Or is it more fundamental, llke a hit-and-miss FIAT management style? Or might it result from fewer available suppliers because others went under in the recent past?

I don't recall anything quite this disorganized before from an American car company, including Chrysler.

VermontHobbit 12-12-2010 03:46 PM

Glad we got our order in for an Overland with saddle last week!

Scottina06 12-12-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 316046)
Milous, do you feel these erratic changes are teething problems from changed ownership ramping up? Or is it more fundamental, llke a hit-and-miss FIAT management style? Or might it result from fewer available suppliers because others went under in the recent past?

I don't recall anything quite this disorganized before from an American car company, including Chrysler.

I dont think it has anything to do with any of the above. I work for a ChryCo supplier and things like this have ALWAYS happpened with ALL manufacturers....cars, toys, video games, stuffed animals etc...LOL. I just think we live in the information age wher everything is publisized, scrutinzed etc. What other forum can you go to and track your WK2 on a daily basis? NONE.....JG is it. We have more info available to us than any other Jeep model or forum thanks to Milous. My point is......its not new.

Frank TJ 12-12-2010 05:03 PM

I assume current orders for Overlands with Saddle will still be built... About ready to start hitting the lots in DFW for a Overland 4x4 with Tech may have to give up on Saddle.