Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Power Seats not working.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/power-seats-not-working-16173.html)

Arctic Fox 12-11-2010 08:04 PM

Power Seats not working....

when i bought my jeep there were no problems, about a month ago i noticed my power seats weren't working. i hope its just a blown fuse or something simple like that, but i dont know which fuse to check. i have been looking for diagrams like the boxes under the hood but i haven't found any. can anyone enlighten me? thanks guys

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-11-2010 09:35 PM

Re: Power Seats not working....

i think the power seats fuse is right above the pedals

fatfreddy 12-11-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic Fox (Post 315982)
when i bought my jeep there were no problems, about a month ago i noticed my power seats weren't working. i hope its just a blown fuse or something simple like that, but i dont know which fuse to check. i have been looking for diagrams like the boxes under the hood but i haven't found any. can anyone enlighten me? thanks guys

WKJeeps.com has a good page about fuses.The owners manual sucks when you try to find fuse related stuff.

vman_86 12-14-2010 05:18 PM

dumb question but does it sound like it is trying to adjust seat or no noise what-so-ever when you mess with it?

dcjeepgc 12-14-2010 07:58 PM

Just a thought. My heated seats stopped working last year. After checking and replacing good fuses the problem remained. It was only when I got down there and secured the electrical connections that the problem was resolved. I think it happened because I had a really fat women sitting in the passenger seat just before the problem started. She kept messing with the seat controls. Perhaps that caused the connections to losen!

Arctic Fox 12-15-2010 11:26 AM

Vman, no there is no noise or attempt at movement. I just push the button and get nothing. This was especially aggravating cause my brother and I just drove it to Florida Sunday - Tuesday. Miserable Ha Ha But I'm gonna try and find the fuses and heck the connections under the seat as well today. Thanks guys.

jpilk99 12-21-2010 08:10 PM

Yo, DCJEEPGC?! What are you doin' letting fatties sit in the car??? That's your first problem right there.

:-0

Arctic Fox 12-21-2010 10:58 PM

K so I attempted to check the fuse under the steering column,after looking on wkjeeps' fuse layout I'll call it (thanks fatFreddy for the link) but when I got under there it wasn't all ktst a bunch of individual fuses.it was this weird wire contraption that didn't solve anything when I disconnected then reconnected it.are there any other places I should be looking? I'd rather not take it to the dealership if I can avoid it cause I don't wanna drop mad cash on it if its something I can fix myself. thanks