Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   chrome side moldings/rear bumper (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/chrome-side-moldings-rear-bumper-16187.html)

blackonblack 12-12-2010 01:53 AM

chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
how much would it cost to install the chrome side moldings on the top by the windows and the bottom chrome strip on bottom of doors and the back rear bumper one. i know you can order it off justforjeeps.com but i dont know how much it would cost to actually get it done. has anyone done it before?if so how much did you pay? thanks in advance!

also, reason i am asking is because i want to make it chrome to accent the blacked out look on my laredo it needs that spark to it.

Scottina06 12-12-2010 02:05 AM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
the upper chrome moldings on the doors are easy and about $150....but the rear 1/4 windos are about $350 each plus installation.

The bottom door moldings are about $200 and anyone can switch them out...

downstate 12-12-2010 02:24 AM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
I've done it a "few" times, only thing I'd add to what Scott said - use a good glass shop to do the rear 1/4 install, I used word of mouth "good" shops and got TERRIBLE results, took it to the dealer and had them do it on my 3rd try and it came out perfect!

blackonblack 12-12-2010 12:41 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
http://www.justforjeeps.com/grchsimo.html
http://www.justforjeeps.com/wkchwimo.html
http://www.justforjeeps.com/chrebust.html
here's all of them so we're talking around $585.00 for all the oem parts or do i have to purchase 2 quantities of one? Also, do i get the short front window set or the long one, which one is on the limited and srt8s? and how much do you think it would be total for oem and also the price for installation professionally like you said the dealer or a glass shop?
thanks a lot guys it will help me out a lot.

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-12-2010 12:43 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
you have to check your mirror to see if you need the short or long. it seems to have been done randomly at the factory

blackonblack 12-12-2010 01:28 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 316258)
you have to check your mirror to see if you need the short or long. it seems to have been done randomly at the factory

what do you mean? sorry lol

Megatron 12-12-2010 01:34 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackonblack (Post 316256)
http://www.justforjeeps.com/grchsimo.html
http://www.justforjeeps.com/wkchwimo.html
http://www.justforjeeps.com/chrebust.html
here's all of them so we're talking around $585.00 for all the oem parts or do i have to purchase 2 quantities of one? Also, do i get the short front window set or the long one, which one is on the limited and srt8s? and how much do you think it would be total for oem and also the price for installation professionally like you said the dealer or a glass shop?
thanks a lot guys it will help me out a lot.

- You will need one set of each. No need to purchase 2 quantities of each one.

- As for the limited chrome strip on the rear bumper, is your bumper the limited or the laredo version? You will need a limited bumper for the strip (as far as I know of)

- As svenskajeepguy said, you will need to check your mirrors to see if you need the short or long one.

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-12-2010 02:04 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
the base of the side mirrors will either have a built in molding or it wont. if it does, you need the short trim. if it doesnt, you need the long.

blackonblack 12-12-2010 03:11 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
ok thanks a lot guys! so does anyone know a range of pricing to install it? and in all...
i'm trying to think if it's worth it but i feel it accents it well with the all black look? suggestions anyone?

Scottina06 12-12-2010 03:20 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
YOU can install the upper door moldings and lower door moldings. A glass installer will have to install the rear 1/4 panel glass. I got mine installed for $100...but I knew the guy. Most places charge $200+

blackonblack 12-12-2010 03:22 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
ok that's not to bad..wait upper door moldings or side moldings you can install and 1/4 is the upper one by the windows or what? sorry im confused.

blackonblack 12-12-2010 03:23 PM

Re: chrome side moldings/rear bumper
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 316354)
YOU can install the upper door moldings and lower door moldings. A glass installer will have to install the rear 1/4 panel glass. I got mine installed for $100...but I knew the guy. Most places charge $200+

by the way Scottina06 can you send me pics of yours to notredamekid@gmail.com it would be a great help thanks! maybe a before and after to that would be perfect! thanks so much man


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community