Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   4 codes that came at the same time (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/4-codes-that-came-at-the-same-time-16226.html)

ylimits 12-12-2010 09:45 PM

4 codes that came at the same time

Ok so I have a 2004 limited with a cold air intake and a folwmaster muffler with 115k miles on it and had a code like 2 months ago that was a o2 sensor that I fixed and everything has been fine and the other day when I was driving the check engine light came on so when I got home I pulled the codes out of it and I had 4 codes at the same time the first one was p1499 which is hydraulic cooling fan solenoid circuit and the others were p0031, p0051, and p0136 and they all have to do with o2 sensors that I haven't changed. I GUESS THE QUESTION IS DO I NEED TO CHANGE ALL TIS OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE WRONG THAT WILL CAUSE ALL THIS TO POP UP AT THE SAME TIME ANY IMFO. WILL HELP GREATLY.

cheapjeep 12-13-2010 08:25 PM

Re: 4 codes that came at the same time

What has your engine temp been since the fan code maybe it's running too hot.

Frango100 12-13-2010 08:33 PM

I would delete those fault codes and see if they would come back again. Sometimes a voltage spike or something else will cause some strange codes, without a real fault.

ylimits 12-14-2010 09:20 AM

Ok so I have deleted the codes twice and they come right back and its not running hot at all its been running the same as it always has...the sh**y part about it is I took it to jeep and they put it on a computer and told me that the delete the codes and charged me 90 dollars I got in it and started it and the light was still on so I went back in and they told me that they wanted another 90 dollars to tell me what the code are and that then they will look into it further but then the will have to charge me more what kind of s**t it that...I already know what the codes are...

ylimits 12-14-2010 05:55 PM

Ok so the jeep dealer really pi**ed me off and I went back inside and talked to the manager and her made the shop take another look at it and then they came back and told me that I needed a new hydraulic fan and that the part was 1320 dollars and that didn't count the labor to put it in...so I was a little upset and I told them that I was just going to take the jeep home and I had planned on getting a used one but I had some spare time on my hands so I decide to take another look at it. I looked at for about 4 hours I went through everything and couldn't find anything wrong so I was about ready to give up but I decided to take a test light and check out all of my fuses and that's what it was a stupid 15 amp fuse under the hood.

blackpepper 12-14-2010 06:01 PM

I would show your local dealership and then take your business elsewhere. It's a good thing you didn't buy into it +rep for DIY work.