Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/)
-   -   is the 2008 crd DIESEL cherokee any good (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/is-the-2008-crd-diesel-cherokee-any-good-16227.html)

ylimits 12-12-2010 09:57 PM

is the 2008 crd DIESEL cherokee any good

I have a 2004 limited and I was thinking about trading it for a 2008 crd diesel Cherokee and I was wondering if they are any good and what kind of mpgs they got and if any what the down falls with them is. Also does the chips/tunners help them out that much

Marlin 12-12-2010 10:12 PM

Re: is the 2008 crd DIESEL cherokee any good

Hi mate, take a look through here, our export and diesel area;

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/

I don't own one myself, know guys who do though, and most love them.

AB Jeepster 12-13-2010 11:58 AM

I do.. and I do.... 500 miles + in a tank when I am not towing and stay at 65 on the interstates....

CRD Dawg 12-13-2010 07:46 PM

There are 2 threads currently going on in the WK section of jeepforum regarding this exact topic. One is titled "CRD vs. Hemi" and the other is something like "WK CRDs-How are they?" You'll get more than you need to know in those 2 threads. Hope it's OK for me to post this here...:confused:

AB Jeepster 12-14-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRD Dawg (Post 317118)
There are 2 threads currently going on in the WK section of jeepforum regarding this exact topic. One is titled "CRD vs. Hemi" and the other is something like "WK CRDs-How are they?" You'll get more than you need to know in those 2 threads. Hope it's OK for me to post this here...:confused:

is that the site that everyone here refers to as the "red site"?

Marlin 12-14-2010 05:44 PM

No, the red site is an SRT forum. They block references to our forum so we reciprocate :)

jeepforum.com and jeepgarage.org get along just fine :)

I was just reading on ausjeepoffroad.com about recent diesel WK issues. It seems most can be avoided by installing a Provent or Racor something something.

Quite a few turbo selas are letting go judging by the last chat I had with my dealer mechanic who is a friend of sorts.

AB Jeepster 12-14-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 317745)
No, the red site is an SRT forum. They block references to our forum so we reciprocate :)

jeepforum.com and jeepgarage.org get along just fine :)

I was just reading on ausjeepoffroad.com about recent diesel WK issues. It seems most can be avoided by installing a Provent or Racor something something.

Quite a few turbo selas are letting go judging by the last chat I had with my dealer mechanic who is a friend of sorts.

I read somewhere that the orange seal that was installed here in North America was garbage... but they are not being replaced unless something happens... like to me last week........

BLKCRD 12-18-2010 12:46 PM

We have an '08 Jeep GC CRD. For those who own one will know this has to be one of the best combos for an SUV. The diesel engine is just fantastic...you won't know until you drive it daily. The massive torque is additive and the fuel economy will keep you smiling. Although it doesn't have the great cargo room but it will get by and you can always add a roof top cargo box. Just remember to keep the maintenance up to date and you should have many awesome journeys with this Jeep!

Burner 12-19-2010 08:08 PM

I love mine and its an 08 Overland. I get 800 plus km a tank. Fill up monday and I drive back and forth all week with a hour drive each way and dont have to fill up till friday. But now that winter is here I fill up alittle more as I dont like to leave it below half a tank