Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   I think someones made a mistake?? RK vs. RRO (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/i-think-someones-made-a-mistake-rk-vs-rro-16235.html)

hella_wk 12-13-2010 04:04 AM

I think someones made a mistake?? RK vs. RRO

whats this i hear about the Rock krawler 3.5 X factor lift? only being 2 inches? no way, wouldn't that be false advertisement? i just ordered it and now hearing the the less expensive RRO 2.25 inch is bigger? this must be a mistake? and if it is, I WANT MY REFUND lol
any input?
i was looking for the biggest lift i can get with my not so deep pocket :cool:

blackpepper 12-13-2010 05:32 AM

Re: I think someones made a mistake?? RK vs. RRO

You hella just bought a 2in. but don't worry, from everything that I've read, RK is a better product. It also replaces the stock forks with a bigger/better setup.

BlackedOutWK 12-13-2010 10:54 AM

yea you definitely bought the more expensive 2" lift...some say its better than the other 2" lifts but i would like to think most only say that 'cause they paid more. im sure you will be happy with it as i have never heard anyone have much bad to say about it.

Relwarc 12-13-2010 11:22 AM

i have it... knew it was a 2" lift... love it. it is perfect, and by perfect, i mean that you wouldnt know its not stock if you didnt see the 2" difference.

Overboostin 12-13-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 316832)
i have it... knew it was a 2" lift... love it. it is perfect, and by perfect, i mean that you wouldnt know its not stock if you didnt see the 2" difference.

Doesn't it end up being 2" in the back and 3.5" in the front? That may be where the confusion lies.

Relwarc 12-13-2010 03:46 PM

well its a leveling kit... so its going to lift more in the front than the back. the back has 2" pucks.... now, the question would be, is the front 1.5" lower than the rear stock? no idea, didint measure.

hella_wk 12-13-2010 06:17 PM

yeah overboostin i think its described as that on the website, thats why i felt cheated lol
so i ended up returning it, now im thinking of either going with the RRO or the OME lift.
The RRO is cheaper, but ive heard better things on the OME, also people seem to be switching from RRO to the OME.
So all in all i think the OME is the best choice? any imput?
also does anyone know why on the OME their is two way differnet prices because of the choice shocks to be used?

AcidCold 12-13-2010 09:45 PM

OME is by far the best in the 2'' category, is has better articulation than any other lift and comes in two coil levels. You can get the HD which is ideal for towing and having steel bumpers or MD which is good for a smoother on road ride and if you don't need heavy bumpers. IMO Superlift is the ultimate in lifts.

hella_wk 12-13-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidCold (Post 317198)
OME is by far the best in the 2'' category, is has better articulation than any other lift and comes in two coil levels. You can get the HD which is ideal for towing and having steel bumpers or MD which is good for a smoother on road ride and if you don't need heavy bumpers. IMO Superlift is the ultimate in lifts.

thanks acidcold, ++ rep for you
so in your opinion do you think the 395$ OME lift is worth it? i explained on the other thread "OME vs. 2.25 RR" the differnce between the more expensive and less expensive OME lift.
and yeah the superlift is beautiful. but im not looking to be a monster on the road haha