Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   joy to the world... my rig has arrived (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/joy-to-the-world-my-rig-has-arrived-16241.html)

CLowe40 12-13-2010 10:53 AM

joy to the world... my rig has arrived

OK so it doesn't have saddle interior but to me it's perfect. Ordered 11/5 delivered 12/11. White w/ beige Limited 4x4 5.7L. Luckily got ~ 4 inches here in SW Ohio so had a fun weekend.

First impressions - the hemi is strong, the ride is smooth & quiet and I pretty much love everything about it. Had no problems pairing or using my iphone 3gs with the uconnect. Love the huge sunroof. Shocked it fit in my garage with my wife's Honda Pilot.

2 points to belly ache about - I don't like the buttons on the back left side of the steering wheel. I wish the up/down toggle would scan through the presets; instead only the button in the middle moves from preset to preset and only goes ascending. It would be nice to move up/down from preset to preset on the steering wheel.

The other belly ache is the seat belt latches in the back seat. Both my kids are in boosters and the latches seem to stay below the the cushion and it's hard for their little hands to get it buckled.

Other than that the rig is killer. I'm staring at it out my office window now. Don't miss my 4runner at all. Gotten a few thumbs up from other drivers and the barista at the drive through this AM said it was "swinging!". The window sticker even said "Especially built for clowe40"... well it actually said my name.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-13-2010 10:59 AM

Re: joy to the world... my rig has arrived

congratulations !!!

Red G8R 12-13-2010 11:02 AM

Congrats.....Christmas came a few weeks early for you.

1S1K 12-13-2010 11:03 AM

Pics. or it didn't happen. :D

RyeGuy 12-13-2010 11:10 AM

Congrats on the new ride!!

GR33N D3M0N 12-13-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1S1K (Post 316814)
Pics. or it didn't happen. :D

:pics:

:D

Congrats!

jonesark 12-13-2010 11:25 AM

congrats!

Scottina06 12-13-2010 12:08 PM

congrats!

Cperez 12-13-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLowe40 (Post 316805)
I don't like the buttons on the back left side of the steering wheel.

Congrats. I am loving these posts about arriving vehicles.

FWIW, I think you may eventually come to appreciate the buttons behind the wheel. I drive an '04 WJ Limited that uses that same setup and find those buttons pretty intuitive. But to each his own. Enjoy the ride and the admiring glances/comments.

yukon 12-13-2010 04:23 PM

Congrats:thumbsup: still waiting..........:(

Bmwister 12-13-2010 04:45 PM

Congrats! When I picked up my silver WK2, there was a white Limited in the dealer garage and I thought it looked fabulous and that may have been the only "second thought" I had about getting my WK2 in silver. Sounds like you have a white Xmas in more ways than one!:thumbsup:

Chuck 12-13-2010 04:52 PM

Congrats on the new ride!!!!!!!!! We need photos!